The Best Super Power there is... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Best Super Power there is...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DaQ » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:18 pm

Monty wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:I agree. Seeing into the future would be the best! Imagine how rich i could be knowing the outcome of all the sporting events.

but you have to consider, you would never be surprised at the outcome so the suspense and thrill of the game would be lost

Here's the problem with that. Anything you do in the past can affect the future. It's not like in Back To The Future II where it works to perfection. Things will change even if you do the smallest thing. Like if you wake up five minutes late tomorrow, it can affect everyone you work/go to school with (I don't want to go into detail though).

I think if you go back into the past, you have more control (for yourself at least) and you gain knowledge as well (like "if I do this, what happens?"). I wish I had that power to make up my science test I just got back :-o :~( and I would know all the answers since we went over the test ;-D
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wkelly91 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:25 pm

I remember back in the 70's Hustler magazine had a cartoon "The invisable sex-maniac" 8-o

That's my super-power ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:31 am

3 pages in one night and no one mentioned being able to freeze time? 8-o

Rob banks, cop cheap feels of women, cheat at anything, beat up anyone, travel great distances without missing one second, the list goes on, and on, and on.

Teleport all you want. I'll freeze time and kick your tail. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tavish » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:32 am

wkelly91 wrote:I remember back in the 70's Hustler magazine had a cartoon "The invisable sex-maniac" 8-o

Well I'm halfway there and no I'm not invisible. :-°
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:06 am

Tavish wrote:
wkelly91 wrote:I remember back in the 70's Hustler magazine had a cartoon "The invisable sex-maniac" 8-o

Well I'm halfway there and no I'm not invisible. :-°

Your math sucks. Being just a maniac only brings you one third of the way there.
:-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby logan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:33 am

Madison wrote:travel great distances without missing one second, the list goes on, and on, and on.

actually freezng time wouldn't necessarily allow you to travel great distances. since all modes of transportation would be "frozen" and unmovable that would in essence mean you would have to walk that distance other than taking a quicker means. so for you it will take the same amount of time it normally would to walk to said destination. short distances yes long distances say continent to continent or coast to coast not realy.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:01 am

Yeah, the "top" witch on Charmed (yes I watch it for the babes O:-) ) can freeze time, and the third in line can teleport herself and other stuff...so freezing time must be better in that world. I'll still take teleporting though (and Rose McGowan too :L ;-D ).

I have wanted to make a teleporting machine for a long time now. Driving to work sucks...if you could just teleport wherever you want, it would be so much easier! ;-D
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:07 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Yeah, the "top" witch on Charmed (yes I watch it for the babes O:-) ) can freeze time, and the third in line can teleport herself and other stuff...so freezing time must be better in that world. I'll still take teleporting though (and Rose McGowan too :L ;-D ).

I have wanted to make a teleporting machine for a long time now. Driving to work sucks...if you could just teleport wherever you want, it would be so much easier! ;-D

As an officer of the man police, I'm afraid that I must ask you to turn over your testicles to us. You are clearly not using them.

Seriously. Charmed? Just switch to "The Bachelor" and get it over with.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:24 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:As an officer of the man police, I'm afraid that I must ask you to turn over your testicles to us. You are clearly not using them.

Well, you got me there...but those chicks are HOT! I don't watch it religiously, either. When I see something good (aka Alyssa Milano), I just don't surf past. ;-D

Bachelor? :-P
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:48 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Yeah, the "top" witch on Charmed (yes I watch it for the babes O:-) ) can freeze time, and the third in line can teleport herself and other stuff...so freezing time must be better in that world. I'll still take teleporting though (and Rose McGowan too :L ;-D ).

As an officer of the man police, I'm afraid that I must ask you to turn over your testicles to us. You are clearly not using them.

Seriously. Charmed? Just switch to "The Bachelor" and get it over with.

AA, that was great.

And, stopping time wouldn't be that fun. I mean, yeah, I could get to work in time every day, but it would still take me th same time. That would suck. I could simply teleport to work otherwise.

And mind control? eh, perhaps there's an ethical issue there. I'm thinking practical and moral here. ;-)
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk