Bonds Owners Therapy Session - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds Owners Therapy Session

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cooner » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:45 pm

he was the consensus number one in a 7x7 with OPS and SLG, but since it's a newly formed dynasty, he drops a bit. The news of him missing up to a month of the season came, and he drops further. Then the league drafts, and he drops to 12th! 12th, for the best guy, without question, for the next two years! A steal, says Cooner, a steal!

I'm in pain.
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:10 pm

Weren't the Giants tested first (March 3rd)? If injured players weren't tested, then he wouldn't have been. That said, I hadn't heard that exception.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders how a player can tear something in his knee by banging it on a table. And the $10,000 fine language (and no public disclosure) was in place when the first draft of the agreement was made - meaning it was there on March 3rd. Which could give rise that something may have shown up in his first test, and they fine him and no one knows - and this "Woe is me, the media has made my life miserable" is a cover-up to enable him to serve any suspension under the guise of injury. As far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed he'll miss half the season - just Bonds' speculation.

Anyway, far-fetched, I know. He is 40 after all and athletes don't generally hold up well into their 40s. But he did admit to using the cream and the clear (though he allegedly didn't "know" they were what they were), so a failed test might be possible if they hadn't cleared his system.

I doubt we'll ever know. But the BALCO stuff, the girlfriend stuff, and all the steroids talk makes this injury seem mighty convenient to taking him out of the spotlight.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby JTWood » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:31 pm

Picked him up as my franchise player in a contract league. I have him until I want to give him up. A lot of good that does me. Now I have to pay a gazillion dollars for a half-ass replacement.

:,-(
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers