Bonds Owners Therapy Session - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds Owners Therapy Session

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SoxWillNeverWinAgain » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:50 pm

as soon as he gets better, he'll be back.. He's chasing several people let's not forget.
SoxWillNeverWinAgain
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:59 pm

Had him for 1 year - his first in SBC. Haven't had him since. Whether he's an a-hole or not, I was still considering him.

That said, he wasn't high on my list (just like RJ and Clemens). Players above 40 can go at anytime. I would have never suspected his little knee surgery to have foretold missing half (at least) the season, but I'm not shocked. Same with RJ and Clemens - I don't expect them to fail anytime soon. But when the body goes (and it will go eventually for all players), I won't be shocked either. In the case of RJ, I'm gambling not until 2006 or later, though.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby soxfan364 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:02 pm

I feel some of your pain... I lost Buehrle and Peavy on the same fantasy team within the past week. However those guys should be back before Bonds.

Does anyone else think Bonds may be doing this to avoid A TEST ? Does MLB test guys on the DL??
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby NYYanks723 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:07 pm

soxfan364 wrote:
Does anyone else think Bonds may be doing this to avoid A TEST ? Does MLB test guys on the DL??

Good point/question, but I imagine they would test, since most players use 'roids to help recover from injury.

I think the clown is either trying to get everyone to feel sorry for him, so that he'll have an easier time in his homerun pursuit, or he's retiring in a b*tchy manner, blaming the media.
NYYanks723
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby eftda » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:07 pm

soxfan364 wrote:I feel some of your pain... I lost Buehrle and Peavy on the same fantasy team within the past week. However those guys should be back before Bonds.

IMO, hes doing this to get away from the media. You guys can take that for what I said or find a hidden meaning for all I care. I don't blame him for wanting to get away from the media.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:15 pm

I doubt he is going to retire right now. If his knee properly heals, he will be back. I suppose if is the operative word, but he can't possibly know now what the status of his knee will be in a few months. I expect to see him at some point this year, but I guess I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't come back this year.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby delux_247 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:15 pm

This is only the first day of this half season/whole season DL talk. IMO, Bonds is trying to milk this injury for all that it worth. He has too much pride to not come back and break the HR records. I bet he is back in the lineup and hitting bombs in 2 months.

Grab while he is cheap!!! Especially all of you that count OBS.
delux_247
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dice » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:27 pm

So Bonds owners, what sort of offer would you consider moving Bonds for in a OBP roto keeper league? We do have a DL, where he can be stashed safely.

Cliff Floyd? Raul Ibañez? Cliff Lee? The Bonds owner in the league definitely wants to move him.
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tuff_gong » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:37 pm

for all you guys with bonds, i recommend picking up pedro feliz off waivers if you can.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby assron » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:39 pm

this is pretty terrible... I play in a OPS league too, so he was my #1 pick. Hopefully he gets back in time for the meaningful part of the H2H season.
assron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers