Bonds Owners Therapy Session - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds Owners Therapy Session

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bonds Owners Therapy Session

Postby Vladdy the Impaler » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:43 pm

why fantasy gods... whyyyyyyyy... the one year i finally get barry bonds, it ends up biting me in the ass... good bye 200+ BBs (yes my league counts that)... good bye 40-50+ HRs... good bye .350+ AVG...

well, it's not the end of the season yet guys... bonds can make up a full seasons stats of the average fantasy star in 1/2 a year i guess... but ahhhh after finding out jo bo is out AT LEAST 4 weeks and now bonds 1/2 the year minimal... i'm in fantasy hell.... anyone else feel my pain?!?
Vladdy the Impaler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:46 pm

you might want to send a pm to pokerplaya... i imagine he shares your pain right now..... ;-D ;-D ;-D

btw,,thanks poker for outdoing my trade that i had to get bonds :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:47 pm

I feel your pain. I'm hoping for the best and hopefully he's back for part of the season at least.

(but I'm used to it, I had Prior last year)
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:00 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:you might want to send a pm to pokerplaya... i imagine he shares your pain right now..... ;-D ;-D ;-D

btw,,thanks poker for outdoing my trade that i had to get bonds :-D

Yeah, it hurts. Kind of wish OMO hadn't offered me such a sweet deal of Bonds and Hudson for Ichiro and Clement. It hurts, yes, but hopefully I'll still be able to compete. Frustrating, but everyone is going to suffer injuries, I have to hope and pray that that is the worst of it for me.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby GrimZeke007 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:09 pm

I lose the god of walks and obp.... shoot me. :~( :~( :~(

AND I REJECTED HELTON+ETC for Bonds recently!

(my league counts walks, strikeouts, and obp)
<a href="http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2242053#2242053">Help rate my team!</a>
GrimZeke007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:18 pm

He was my first pick...I'm really sad now because this really bites me in the arse!
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Euclid » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:21 pm

i had a pending trade where i was going to get bonds and it went through either really late last night or this morning and i lost lidge in the deal
Euclid
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:31 pm

It's too bad that it comes back to bite you guys. I wouldn't draft Bonds because hes an a-hole anyways, so I didn't take him in any of my drafts.
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:46 pm

SuptownSpartans34 wrote:It's too bad that it comes back to bite you guys. I wouldn't draft Bonds because hes an a-hole anyways, so I didn't take him in any of my drafts.

I've never had him on a team before, and I still have never drafted him. He kind of fell in my lap, when I was offered a nobrainer deal of Bonds/Hudson for Ichiro/Clement, so I jumped on it.

I traded Glaus 3 days before he went down for the season last year, when he was leading the league in HR's and got the struggling Pedro for him. Looks like it's fantasy baseball karma!
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers