Cubs' Borowski sidelined by wrist fracture - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Cubs' Borowski sidelined by wrist fracture

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cubs' Borowski sidelined by wrist fracture

Postby WebHamster » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:00 pm

Mesa, AZ (Sports Network) - Chicago Cubs closer Joe Borowski suffered a non- displaced fracture near his right wrist on Monday and is expected to miss the start of the season.

Borowski was injured when he was hit by a line drive back to the mound during Monday's spring training game against Kansas City. He gave up two runs on three hits in one inning of the 12-5 loss.

The Cubs said Borowski's arm is in a splint and the club expects him to be sidelined for at least six weeks before he can begin a throwing program.

The 33-year-old righthander has a 5.40 earned run average this spring, as he tries to come back from a slight tear in his right rotator cuff that sidelined him for the final four months of last season.

In 22 games last year, Borowski posted a record of 2-4 with nine saves and an 8.02 ERA. He had a breakout year in 2003 with 33 saves, a 2.63 ERA and a 2-2 record in 68 appearances.

LaTroy Hawkins, who had 25 saves in 34 chances and a 2.63 ERA in 77 games for the Cubs last year, will likely assume the closer role for the start of the season.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 431)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Ram is god » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:06 pm

IM WATCHING COMCAST SPORTS NET CHICAGO, AND I JUST HEARD THAT jim hendry is involved in talks to pick up ugeath urbina.

sorry about the cap i didnt realize
A Ram is god
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBV » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:53 pm

my brother works for comcast sports net in chicago, and let me assure you that is bigtime hearsay/rumor. :-?

he called me this morning and told me about jobo, tough news for cubs fans. im relieved about buehrle ;-D
Vaughn: What's that sh*t on your chest?

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

Postby Quick Nick » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:52 pm

That deal for Urbina might be a possibility-the Tigers need a proven centerfielder & the Cubs, well, we all know about the closer deal! (closer?!? we dont need no stinkin' closer!!!)
Go Tigers!!
Quick Nick
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates