how many is too many leagues? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

how many is too many leagues?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

how many is too many leagues?

Postby sportsgalore » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:42 pm

im currently in 2 leagues (both H2H, one free and one a small fee) and another one of my buddies wants me to join a 3rd (roto and $100 entry)
im just wondering how much more time it takes to do multiple leagues, and what all your experiences are? im trying to decide whether to do it or not- thanks
sportsgalore
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:46 pm

Well, I've never done this before, and I have 5 leagues... 8-o

Luckily only two of them are daily change leagues. I think the more of those you have, the more work you have to do. If you do a bunch of weekly leagues, you need only change things once or look for waiver steals when players break out.

I am pretty sure someone at the Cafe did 14 or more leagues last year (Pedantic?)... !+) :-o
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby xeifrank » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:04 pm

Depends how much time and effort you want to put into each league. I always join four leagues with my main Yahoo ID and take those leagues the most serious, then I join a handful of others, usually live drafts that I did for practice before my more serious drafts. Those leagues, I just check in on once a week make sure nobody is on the DL or make a waiver wire claim here and there.

vr

Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Re: how many is too many leagues?

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:44 pm

sportsgalore wrote:im currently in 2 leagues (both H2H, one free and one a small fee) and another one of my buddies wants me to join a 3rd (roto and $100 entry)
im just wondering how much more time it takes to do multiple leagues, and what all your experiences are? im trying to decide whether to do it or not- thanks

all depends on how much time you have on your hands and your experience level imo..... if u are somewhat of a beginner i would stick with 2 or 3 leagues, and then at midseason if you are handling things well, you can always sign up for a midseason league as well.... as of now, i am in 4 leagues which are all keepers and me and a friend have a new style league(game day ritual) that we are sharing due to neither one of us ever playing in that type of league before...... but anyways to answer your question 3 or 4 real good leagues will definitely keep u busy all year..... back in 2002 i think i done like 16 leagues, but it just wears u out and u can notkeep your eye on every one of them like you would like..... ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kage812004 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:57 pm

i agree with the previous post, i have 6 teams going this year even though i said im only doing 3, lol. i have 2 teams im paying close attention to(my league and a keeper league) and the other 4 ill pop in once or twice a week to make any needed changes.
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:05 pm

One.
O:-)
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ayebatter » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:30 pm

Think 'Broadband', its the only way I keep 9 teams afloat ( 4 daily, 5 weekly). ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1390)

Postby blankman » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:33 pm

None :-o

Most I've played was 2 and I wouldn't recommend more than that if you plan on getting anything else done.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers