Oakland's rotation... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oakland's rotation...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:43 pm

You know Oakland could probably have 2 decent suitable rotations with Duch, Cruz, Etherton, Rincon, Garcia. You don't often see that.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:29 pm

Anyone picking up Haren yet? I did to try and fill out my rotation.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Strasil42 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:08 am

T-Bone Costanza wrote:Anyone picking up Haren yet? I did to try and fill out my rotation.

im giving him a shot in a really deep league of mine. Beanes gotta be right. ;-7
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:12 am

T-Bone Costanza wrote:Anyone picking up Haren yet? I did to try and fill out my rotation.

I'll sport start him early, see how he goes.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:14 am

so0perspam wrote:It's expected that he'll help set up Octavio Dotel.

That would be Calero, but Cruz will be the 7 inning guy. The beauty is that you can bring him in in the 3rd if need be and have him hand the ball to Kiko in the 8th. I love this pen.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:21 am

LBJackal wrote:The rotation includes Zito, Harden, Blanton, Meyer, and Haren. Yabu had a spot for a short time but since he's sucked big time in ST it's been given back to Meyer.

It hasnt been given to Meyer. Do you have a link? Its a 3 man contest between Yabu, Meyer, and Saarloos with noone set in stone yet.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LBJackal » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:54 am

RynMan wrote:
LBJackal wrote:The rotation includes Zito, Harden, Blanton, Meyer, and Haren. Yabu had a spot for a short time but since he's sucked big time in ST it's been given back to Meyer.

It hasnt been given to Meyer. Do you have a link? Its a 3 man contest between Yabu, Meyer, and Saarloos with noone set in stone yet.

Meyer is the best bet for the job, but it could also possibly go to Saarloos. They said Monday's SS ST games were critical for Yabu and Etherton, and both sucked big time, and will in all likeliness not have a rotation spot. Meyer could actually be sent down in the near future, but he's still the best bet to have a rotation spot come April. If not Meyer, probably Saarloos. But regardless their #5 should not be starting for a fantasy team unless it's Meyer and he somewhat proves himself with a few nice starts which could take a while even if he starts the year in the majors.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jellyroll » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:11 am

Went to Spring Training last week and talked to a bunch of people. Sounds like Etherton is leading slightly over Yabu, but they want Meyer to start in AAA and take the 5th spot later.
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:16 am

jellyroll wrote:Went to Spring Training last week and talked to a bunch of people. Sounds like Etherton is leading slightly over Yabu, but they want Meyer to start in AAA and take the 5th spot later.

It was between Etherton/Yabu before Monday's charades but now it looks like either Meyer or if he's sent down, Saarloos.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:14 am

LBJackal wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Meyer is the best bet for the job, but it could also possibly go to Saarloos. They said Monday's SS ST games were critical for Yabu and Etherton, and both sucked big time, and will in all likeliness not have a rotation spot. Meyer could actually be sent down in the near future, but he's still the best bet to have a rotation spot come April. If not Meyer, probably Saarloos. But regardless their #5 should not be starting for a fantasy team unless it's Meyer and he somewhat proves himself with a few nice starts which could take a while even if he starts the year in the majors.

Agreed.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers