joe mays everyone! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

joe mays everyone!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

joe mays everyone!

Postby eftda » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:36 am

s been doing really well this spring (under one era last time I checked... or so). I am just wondering what people think of this guy? Stud or Dud. Somewhere in the middle? THanks.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vladdy the Impaler » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:47 am

grade A dud... prime proof spring training is meaningless. let some other owner give his hopes up on mays only to start the season with an early hit on pitching.
Vladdy the Impaler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:33 am

He's so bad it's not funny. When he K's more than 3.5 per 9IP then I'll think about him. It's not like he has good control or keeps the ball in the park either :-P

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:14 am

LBJackal wrote:He's so bad it's not funny. When he K's more than 3.5 per 9IP then I'll think about him. It's not like he has good control or keeps the ball in the park either :-P

But he is getting paid alot of money, so he must be fairly decent right???

RIGHT????????
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby looptid » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:07 am

I'm midly excited. Not many in the organization thought he'd be ready t o pitch come opening day. He pitched hurt in 2002 and 2003 so he's not as completely horrendous as those seasons would tend to show. Maybe he can crawl his way back to an ERA around 4. I don't think he'll ever be a good fantasy option because at his peak fantasy value he averaged less than 5 K/9, but as far as Twins fans are concerned, he can't be any worse than letting Mulholland/Guerrier/Greisinger pitch at the tail end of the rotation.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: joe mays everyone!

Postby wrveres » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:18 am

eftda wrote:s been doing really well this spring (under one era last time I checked... or so). I am just wondering what people think of this guy? Stud or Dud. Somewhere in the middle? THanks.

LMAO ...

what is up with Avatars today ...

I must have missed something.
EFTDA has the poster child for NAMBLA in his avatar and Mercer has got some guy shaving a sandwich in his face.

what did i miss? :-o :-b
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby eftda » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:53 pm

you missed alot :-b

Yahoo wrote:Mar 20 Mays pitched four scoreless innings in Saturday's spring game, giving up four hits, striking out three and walking one. Mays has had a strong spring with a 1.38 ERA and may move ahead of Kyle Lohse or Calos Silva in the rotation as a result, the Minneapolis

Mar 15 Twins pitcher Joe Mays allowed one unearned run in four innings during Monday's 4-3 loss to the Marlins. It was his third outing of the spring without any problems in his surgically repaired elbow. "He's right there with the rest of the pitchers," manager Ron Gardenhire told the team's website. "He's progressing really well. We're seeing no discomfort and that's what's huge."

Views: Mays has looked shape this spring. He's sporting a 2.00 ERA in nine innings worked. With each passing start, Mays is putting a stronghold on the fifth starter spot. Due to his prior injuries, and his lack of strikeouts, we still don't recommend using a pick on Mays. He may be a good player to keep an eye on after the season starts.

THis is what caught me eye. I Dumped Dye for him in hopes that his low era and 4-5 k's a game will help my pitching staff. I doubt that he'll keep it up for the whole season, but he could do well in April.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers