Memorable Pain Experiences. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Memorable Pain Experiences.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:34 am

I once traded Ken Griffey Jr for Kevin Mitchell in a keeper fantasy league. It hurt so much I will never love again. :,-(
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:17 am

I was driving my snowmobile, and the throttle stuck. I was trying to make a sharp turn, but I was going to fast. I bailed out before the snowmobile went into the woods and a tree caught me and spun me around in mid-air. The wind was knocked out of me, and I had a pretty good cut on my leg, but thats about it. Actually not all that painful, just scary.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:37 am

in the 12th grade in high school...i was stealing second base when my cleat got stuck in the ground during my slide.... it wrenched my knee around and ended up almost ripping my ligaments apart..... luckily they were only severely pulled and strained and not torn so no surgery was needed,,,, but still to this day after a pick basketball game or some extreme running of some sort, my knee will throb the next day due to the ligaments being pulled back in high school......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:44 am

blinding and immobilizing

http://www.med-help.net/TesticularTorsion.html

i am still whole ;-D
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby The Thrill » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:52 am

Ouch, those are brutal! Especially the nail in the head! 8-o

1. As sleeper (basketball cafe) and I discussed, I tore my ACL in college playing basketball. The tear was loud, another guy and I heard it rip. It hurt, but wasn't awful.

2. I tore my cartilage in my other knee during high school. It ended my senior year baseball season :~(

3. My cousins and I (when we were about 10) were hitting golf balls and I accidently walked in front of one cousin and got smacked square in the nose with a golf ball. My folks were pretty scared about that one, but I just needed ice.

4. And nothing like giving your thumb a good crunch when toenailing some 2x4's. I've given myself a good dizzy a few times with that!
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby BigMusky » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:06 am

there is a difference between getting hurt in sports and getting injured. Injured means you can not play, hurt means you can play. So I guess I never got injured because I always played through whatever happened. Somehow I went through an entire football and wrestling season with a severally sprained knee(maybe I tore some ligaments, never had it checked out). I did not regain full movement of it for two years after I graduated. I am sure I will regret that when I need knee surgery down the road. There was some pain envolved with that whenever I had run or make contact with another player, thankfully that does not happen much in football or wrestling.....

by the way, anyone that gets hurt playing baseball is a pansy.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:23 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I accidentally put one of those electric drills through the palm of my hand. And I once got a nail stuck in my head.

Ahh that explains alot...

I can't remember a moment with lots of pain...burns always hurt..I burned my hand on a soderring Iron that my retarded roomate back in college plugged in for some reason and left under my bed...Basically I was moving out and grabbed for stuff under my bed and grabbed right onto this thing...Had my fingers in a glass of water from Charleston to D.C... 9 hours...lots of fun
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pacman » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:44 pm

Memorable Pain Experiences.....

Um.... Shea Stadium, October 1986 comes to mind. 8-o
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:55 pm

Madison wrote:I was pitching in high school and the batter cracked one right off my left shin. Didn't break it, but splintered the shin bone. (gotta love aluminum bats) :-o

Ouch, had that happen to me last year, I was only out a week though. The instant it happened I went down and thought my season was done. Very scary.
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:30 pm

I got one for you guys:

When I was 10 we had a long cement driveway. My 14 yo brother was sitting about 25 yds way on a small chair while he was playing with his fishing lures - not paying attention to me. I was just messin around with a handful of golf balls and an aluminum bat... thought it would be funny to scare him a little. Well, I threw that first golf ball up and took a full swing at it - and connected - fully... one bounce... he had no idea what was coming... I got him square in the jewels.

My next memory is watching my mom crying over him while he soaked his nads in the bathtub: "it'll be alright baby, everything will be alright..."

:-o :-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk