Andruw Jones or Torii Hunter? Who would you take? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Andruw Jones or Torii Hunter? Who would you take?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby brandnew » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:49 am

I never said he'd be better than Aramis. I said he'd be on par at least. I have way too high expectations for Andruw this year, because he's that good. I don't see Aramis hitting .320 again.

Rough projections for each (Don't mind the homerism):

Andruw: .282, 41 HR, 109 RBI, 101 Runs, 6 SB

Aramis: .304, 37 HR, 108 RBI, 105 Runs, 1 SB

Andruw has just as many RBI opps as Aramis. He's got Furcal, Giles, Chipper ahead of him, instead of Patterson, Nomar, and (Lee?), or Patterson, Hairston, Nomar

Furcal's, Giles', and Chipper's OBP's blow away those three's..
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:59 am

brandnew wrote:I never said he'd be better than Aramis. I said he'd be on par at least. I have way too high expectations for Andruw this year, because he's that good. I don't see Aramis hitting .320 again.

Andruw has just as many RBI opps as Aramis. He's got Furcal, Giles, Chipper ahead of him, instead of Patterson, Nomar, and (Lee?), or Patterson, Hairston, Nomar

While I think those numbers while technically possible for Andrew, won't happen...If he hits that many homers, which he is capable of, his average defiantly won't be in the .280's 8-o Also his RBI's are a few too high and his Runs are way to high. He will get those steals though.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby so0perspam » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:03 am

curious_george_43545 wrote:
brandnew wrote:I never said he'd be better than Aramis. I said he'd be on par at least. I have way too high expectations for Andruw this year, because he's that good. I don't see Aramis hitting .320 again.

While I think those numbers while technically possible for Andrew, won't happen...If he hits that many homers, which he is capable of, his average defiantly won't be in the .280's 8-o Also his RBI's are a few too high and his Runs are way to high. He will get those steals though.

I agree. ;-D My projections for him are:
.268, 95 runs, 34 HR, 102 RBI, 7 SB
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:05 am

so0perspam wrote:

I agree. ;-D My projections for him are:
.268, 95 runs, 34 HR, 102 RBI, 7 SB
Now those I agree with so0p ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby brandnew » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:11 am

Like I said, ya gotta mind my homerism for Andruw. He was one of the highly touted prospects in a while... I think this is the year he breaks out of his own little shell.

Just gotta wait for the season to start :-o ;-D
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:13 am

brandnew wrote:Like I said, ya gotta mind my homerism for Andruw. He was one of the highly touted prospects in a while... I think this is the year he breaks out of his own little shell.

Just gotta wait for the season to start :-o ;-D

I feel ya, I'm a Braves fan and while I wish he'd get his average up, he put up great power numbers in a lineup that defiantly isn't power heavy and plays a great center field ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby brandnew » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:15 am

Yeah... I don't think he's ever been so committed to step his game up, and I think he realizes how important he is to the team's success this year. He's looked really good during spring training.

He's brought back his stance from his minor league career and the one he used in the playoffs. It looks really good, shortened up, short stride, trying to use the whole plate, making contact with 2 strikes, and the best part, not flailing on that down and away breaking pitch! :-D
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:20 am

brandnew wrote:Yeah... I don't think he's ever been so committed to step his game up, and I think he realizes how important he is to the team's success this year. He's looked really good during spring training.

He's brought back his stance from his minor league career and the one he used in the playoffs. It looks really good, shortened up, short stride, trying to use the whole plate, making contact with 2 strikes, and the best part, not flailing on that down and away breaking pitch! :-D
yeah I'm hoping his new stance will help, though I haven't really gotten to see him use it yet...worried about the Mets and Marlins this year :-o , hopefully the streak will continue ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby brandnew » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:28 am

brandnew wrote:Yeah... I don't think he's ever been so committed to step his game up, and I think he realizes how important he is to the team's success this year. He's looked really good during spring training.

yeah I'm hoping his new stance will help, though I haven't really gotten to see him use it yet...worried about the Mets and Marlins this year :-o , hopefully the streak will continue ;-D

Heh, don't be, the Marlins have no pitching staff behind their 1-2, and the Mets' pitching staff is really bad, along with that "bullpen." Pitching wins :-D
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby prose749 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:31 am

I know its only spring training,but Andrew does have 7HR and 14RBI to lead the majors. Not that this means a whole lot, but it shows he's heading in the right direction to have a good yr.
prose749
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 33)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers