Andruw Jones or Torii Hunter? Who would you take? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Andruw Jones or Torii Hunter? Who would you take?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby brandnew » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:49 am

I never said he'd be better than Aramis. I said he'd be on par at least. I have way too high expectations for Andruw this year, because he's that good. I don't see Aramis hitting .320 again.

Rough projections for each (Don't mind the homerism):

Andruw: .282, 41 HR, 109 RBI, 101 Runs, 6 SB

Aramis: .304, 37 HR, 108 RBI, 105 Runs, 1 SB

Andruw has just as many RBI opps as Aramis. He's got Furcal, Giles, Chipper ahead of him, instead of Patterson, Nomar, and (Lee?), or Patterson, Hairston, Nomar

Furcal's, Giles', and Chipper's OBP's blow away those three's..
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:59 am

brandnew wrote:I never said he'd be better than Aramis. I said he'd be on par at least. I have way too high expectations for Andruw this year, because he's that good. I don't see Aramis hitting .320 again.

Rough projections for each (Don't mind the homerism):

Andruw: .282, 41 HR, 109 RBI, 101 Runs, 6 SB

Aramis: .304, 37 HR, 108 RBI, 105 Runs, 1 SB

Andruw has just as many RBI opps as Aramis. He's got Furcal, Giles, Chipper ahead of him, instead of Patterson, Nomar, and (Lee?), or Patterson, Hairston, Nomar

Furcal's, Giles', and Chipper's OBP's blow away those three's..
While I think those numbers while technically possible for Andrew, won't happen...If he hits that many homers, which he is capable of, his average defiantly won't be in the .280's 8-o Also his RBI's are a few too high and his Runs are way to high. He will get those steals though.
Image
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby so0perspam » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:03 am

curious_george_43545 wrote:
brandnew wrote:I never said he'd be better than Aramis. I said he'd be on par at least. I have way too high expectations for Andruw this year, because he's that good. I don't see Aramis hitting .320 again.

Rough projections for each (Don't mind the homerism):

Andruw: .282, 41 HR, 109 RBI, 101 Runs, 6 SB

Aramis: .304, 37 HR, 108 RBI, 105 Runs, 1 SB

Andruw has just as many RBI opps as Aramis. He's got Furcal, Giles, Chipper ahead of him, instead of Patterson, Nomar, and (Lee?), or Patterson, Hairston, Nomar

Furcal's, Giles', and Chipper's OBP's blow away those three's..
While I think those numbers while technically possible for Andrew, won't happen...If he hits that many homers, which he is capable of, his average defiantly won't be in the .280's 8-o Also his RBI's are a few too high and his Runs are way to high. He will get those steals though.


I agree. ;-D My projections for him are:
.268, 95 runs, 34 HR, 102 RBI, 7 SB
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:05 am

so0perspam wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:
brandnew wrote:I never said he'd be better than Aramis. I said he'd be on par at least. I have way too high expectations for Andruw this year, because he's that good. I don't see Aramis hitting .320 again.

Rough projections for each (Don't mind the homerism):

Andruw: .282, 41 HR, 109 RBI, 101 Runs, 6 SB

Aramis: .304, 37 HR, 108 RBI, 105 Runs, 1 SB

Andruw has just as many RBI opps as Aramis. He's got Furcal, Giles, Chipper ahead of him, instead of Patterson, Nomar, and (Lee?), or Patterson, Hairston, Nomar

Furcal's, Giles', and Chipper's OBP's blow away those three's..
While I think those numbers while technically possible for Andrew, won't happen...If he hits that many homers, which he is capable of, his average defiantly won't be in the .280's 8-o Also his RBI's are a few too high and his Runs are way to high. He will get those steals though.


I agree. ;-D My projections for him are:
.268, 95 runs, 34 HR, 102 RBI, 7 SB
Now those I agree with so0p ;-D
Image
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby brandnew » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:11 am

Like I said, ya gotta mind my homerism for Andruw. He was one of the highly touted prospects in a while... I think this is the year he breaks out of his own little shell.

Just gotta wait for the season to start :-o ;-D
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:13 am

brandnew wrote:Like I said, ya gotta mind my homerism for Andruw. He was one of the highly touted prospects in a while... I think this is the year he breaks out of his own little shell.

Just gotta wait for the season to start :-o ;-D


I feel ya, I'm a Braves fan and while I wish he'd get his average up, he put up great power numbers in a lineup that defiantly isn't power heavy and plays a great center field ;-D
Image
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby brandnew » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:15 am

Yeah... I don't think he's ever been so committed to step his game up, and I think he realizes how important he is to the team's success this year. He's looked really good during spring training.

He's brought back his stance from his minor league career and the one he used in the playoffs. It looks really good, shortened up, short stride, trying to use the whole plate, making contact with 2 strikes, and the best part, not flailing on that down and away breaking pitch! :-D
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:20 am

brandnew wrote:Yeah... I don't think he's ever been so committed to step his game up, and I think he realizes how important he is to the team's success this year. He's looked really good during spring training.

He's brought back his stance from his minor league career and the one he used in the playoffs. It looks really good, shortened up, short stride, trying to use the whole plate, making contact with 2 strikes, and the best part, not flailing on that down and away breaking pitch! :-D
yeah I'm hoping his new stance will help, though I haven't really gotten to see him use it yet...worried about the Mets and Marlins this year :-o , hopefully the streak will continue ;-D
Image
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby brandnew » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:28 am

curious_george_43545 wrote:
brandnew wrote:Yeah... I don't think he's ever been so committed to step his game up, and I think he realizes how important he is to the team's success this year. He's looked really good during spring training.

He's brought back his stance from his minor league career and the one he used in the playoffs. It looks really good, shortened up, short stride, trying to use the whole plate, making contact with 2 strikes, and the best part, not flailing on that down and away breaking pitch! :-D
yeah I'm hoping his new stance will help, though I haven't really gotten to see him use it yet...worried about the Mets and Marlins this year :-o , hopefully the streak will continue ;-D


Heh, don't be, the Marlins have no pitching staff behind their 1-2, and the Mets' pitching staff is really bad, along with that "bullpen." Pitching wins :-D
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby prose749 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:31 am

I know its only spring training,but Andrew does have 7HR and 14RBI to lead the majors. Not that this means a whole lot, but it shows he's heading in the right direction to have a good yr.
prose749
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 665
(Past Year: 33)
Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Southern Illinois SIU

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz, joiingds, Pogotheostrich and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact