Nasty? Doubt Theres Any Holes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Nasty? Doubt Theres Any Holes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nasty? Doubt Theres Any Holes

Postby Sr BBaLLa 05 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:14 pm

10 Team H2H... 6x6 (R, RBI, HR, SB, .AVG, BB/ W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K, HLD)

C- V. Martinez
1B- R. Sexson
2B- J. Reyes
3B- A. Rodriguez
SS- M. Tejada
OF- G. Anderson
OF- P. Wilson
OF- M. Lawton
Util- J. Pierre
Util- S. Podsednik

SP- M. Prior
SP- B. Sheets
SP- B. Penny
RP- B. Wagner
RP- S. Takatsu
RP- D. Graves
P- B. Wickman
P- J. Borowski
P- R. Ortiz (ARI)
BN- W. Miller
BN- G. Floyd
BN- D. Haren
BN- D. Brazelton
BN- B. Lawrence

I recently traded Delgado, Glaus, and A. Leiter for A-Rod... what do you guys think about that trade? And im also considering picking up Edwin Jackson from the Dodgers since he figures to crack the rotation with Ishii being dealt and Penny to start the season on the DL.
Sr BBaLLa 05
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gabenterprises » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:22 pm

Good trade, but I'm a Sox fan, so bad trade.
Good looking team. Hope your OF works out! Should be decent waiver wire stuff if anybody doesn't work out.
gabenterprises
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tollefb » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:46 pm

No holes? Are you serious? Yes, you made a good trade for A-Rod. I'm not sure what that guy was thinking. Your pitching should be solid if Prior is healthy.

You hitters are suspect though. You have A-Rod, Tejada, VMart and that's pretty much it. Your OF is on the verge of being terrible....your top 2 will combine for about 12 HRs and 100 SBs...Podsednik is the most overrated player out there. Other than one year, his minor and major league batting average is about .260. Your 2B is DL prone and in a healthy year he will swipe 40 bags. Preston Wilson will hit the DL at least once this year.

My advice to to trade Posednik to any sucker that thinks he will hit .300 and steal 70 again. Get some power and batting average.

As is, you will do well in the pitching categories and be below average in all hitting categories except SBs.
tollefb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:54 pm

Your SP is deep. Your depth is very young though. Would be great for a keeper, but for a seasonal leaves lots of questions. Your OF, as stated above is in desperate need of help.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=104909
Last edited by nettles3Ball-star on Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby AtP » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:59 pm

Your OF would be fine with the right starters in there. You have to get Pierre or Podsednik in for the steals. I don't expect Lawton to have the kind of year he did last. I like your pitching but you have several guys just itching to get on the DL. Prior, Miller, Penny. I don't see any players who can get you holds. Are you punting that category? This team could compete. But it't not a sure thing.
Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.
AtP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sanjoseninerfan » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:29 pm

I think you have some serious thunder on offense with Vmart, Sexon, Tejada, Arod and G. Anderson. Anderson though was out for a lot of last year with some sort of back arthritis so hopefully it won't act up this year. Overall your team is pretty good.

Me: http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=104830
Sanjoseninerfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Sr BBaLLa 05 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:30 pm

No love for Sexson and Reyes? Come on, realistically Sexson will hit 40 HR at a .260 clip with at least 110 RBI. Reyes will hit around .300 with 100 runs and could flirt with 40 steals if he stays healthy.

And Garret Anderson? Preston Wilson? So far Wilson is healthy this spring, and there is no reason to believe why he won't be an RBI machine. Im not expecting him to repeat his 2003 numbers, but .275-30-100 are not out of reach. Garret Anderson hits behind Vlad, enough said. What's wrong with .300-30-100 there?

Besides them two, I also have Podsednik and Pierre in the OF, being that my league starts 2 UTIL. Both of them are capable of stealing 60 bases. I figured if Podsednik hit at a .270 clip, and Pierre hit at a .330 clip, it would even out to a .300 average. .300 AVG-120 SB-200 R, between 2 players.

Matt Lawton is a really nice sleeper pick. I think Pittsburgh has a chance to have a pretty decent offense this year. Lawton, the Wilsons, and Jason Bay. They're also in search of a power hitting outfielder via-trade, and that is going to determine where Lawton hits in the order. If he hits at the top is .280-90 R-15 HR-30 SB out of reach?
Sr BBaLLa 05
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby tollefb » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:28 pm

All of your projections are what could happen if the players reach their maximum potential.

Reallistically Sexson will not hit 40. Realistically he will hit 30-35. He will top out at 40.

Realistically Reyes will score 80 runs and steal 35 because, most likely, he will hit the DL again. He could top out at 95 runs and 45 SBs if he is healthy all year.

Realistically Pierre will hit .300. Last year he hit .326, in 2003 he hit .305, in 2002 he hit .286. Realistically he will swipe 45 bags. I think you'd be foolish to think he'd top 50.

I think you are over-estimating Anderson and Wilson's comeback potential. I think you are accurate with your numbers of Lawton except the SB numbers. Has he ever had more than 25?

You asked if you had holes. I would think, in a ten team league, that looks to only be starting 3 OFs (3x10=30), that you would have to have better players than Lawton on the waiver wire. I don't think his is a top 50 OF, much less a top 30 OF.
tollefb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AtP » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:25 pm

Looks to me like you would rather someone justify your lofty expectations rather than receive a fair and honest critique.
Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.
AtP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team