Rate this bad boy 1-10 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate this bad boy 1-10

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate this bad boy 1-10

Postby The Big Papi » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:43 pm

12 team pts league

Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Cats: R (1), H (1), 2B (1), 3B (2), HR (3), RBI (1), SB (2.5), CS (-1), BB (1), HBP (1), K (-1), GIDP (-2), A (.25), IP (1.2), W (10), L (-5), CG (Eight), SHO (Eight), SV (Eight), H (-.5), ER (-1), HR (-1), BB (-.5), HBP (-.5), K (1), WP (-.5), GIDP (2)

Max innings: 1450
Max GP : 162

C A. Pierzynski
1B A. Pujols
2B R. Freel
3B E. Chavez
SS M. Young
IF D. McPherson
LF R. Hidalgo
CF J. Edmonds
RF G. Sheffield
OF C. Patterson
Util E. Byrnes
Util C. Izturis
BN E. Durazo

SP J. Peavy
SP Ol. Perez
SP B. Colon
SP M. Buehrle
RP J. Borowski
RP B. Looper
P J. Rincon
BN M. Maroth
BN J. Suppan
BN K. Calero
BN D. Haren
BN G. Meche
The Big Papi
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mannin52 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:53 pm

i rate it a 5 with the potential to do a lot better. there are some questions in your lineup with mcpherson/durazo as the everday starter. and u may not have enough steals to compete at all. and with your ace being peavy thats really weak. i'd look to upgrade pitching first, especially RP, because u have no solid RP.
mannin52
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lyons595 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:57 pm

Rating: 6. You need SP bad. If Sheffield stays healthy you could be closer to a 7. But get a SP now.
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 217)

Postby The Big Papi » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:04 pm

thanks guys.

ouch, no love for the peavy/colon/buehrle/oliver perez combo eh? I was pretty happy with that part of the team, but your right, wins do look somewhat weak. And getting a closer is TOUGH, i'm going to have to overpay to get one, as i did with borowski. Any piece of my team you see that i can trade away for mota? The owner wants hitting in return...
The Big Papi
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hooligan1 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:38 pm

I'd rank it a 6 perhaps leaning towards a 5.5. You have a couple question marks (McPherson, Freel) on offense, but it's pretty solid. That pitching looks weak, especially now with the news about Buerhle and your closers are potentially B-A-D.
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

not a bad team

Postby Mcav111 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:46 pm

I give the team about a 6. It is pretty decent.

McPherson is a risk. I would see if you can trade him or maybe just wait and watch but don't be too patient with him. If you trade him earlier on, you may be able to get more for him.

I like Corey Patterson. He has proven to be a good middle-end player in the past. He does have dips but usually picks up but usually stays solid overall. If he dips try not to be quick to get rid of him. Wait and watch.
Mcav111
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby killian017 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:50 pm

I give your team a 7. With a 25 player roster and 12 teams, you're gonna have some weaknesses, such as 2nd base and infield. Make sure Freel has a starting job at the beginning of the year, he's a utility guy who usually picks up at bats when people get hurt (but considering he plays for the reds, I thinks he'll get plenty of action). Look for a closer and maybe another starter. Boroski will start the season as the closer, but there's not telling how long he'll stay there. I look for Looper to have a break-out year and be closer to 40 saves this year based on opportunities alone. Your team could use some work, but all things considerered, it's not bad. By the way, I like your top 2 starters in perez and peavy. Perez had Santana kinda stuff, he just needs a little run support.
killian017
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby The Big Papi » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:10 pm

thanks guys.

And yea I love the peavy/perez combo as well, I had the number one pick and for the #4-5 pick this is what I went with, had to lol.

With boro out for like 2 months now, i'm getting worried yet again about my closers. But I think i'll sit tight for now and try to get one during the season b/c right now I would have to overpay for one seems like.

thanks again.
The Big Papi
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby A2theIzzo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:38 pm

Your home runs are great but rest is just mediocre. id give it a 6
A2theIzzo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Big Papi » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:06 pm

appreciate the respones ;-D

This is how i'm viewing my team (if anyone disagrees, or i'm wildly off on something, let me know)

Infield: Solid infield with Pujols/Chavez/Young. Hopefully Freel will do what I expect, grab some bags, and Mcpherson turns out to be as good as expected.

Outfield: Great outfield with Sheff and Edmonds leading the way. Patterson is a great combo player to have in terms of speed/power, and Hidalgo has been getting buzz as being huge this year.

Util: Eh, decent...get some bags with cesar....get some power with byrnes, nothing to brag about.

Starting pitching: Personally love it, but worried about wins a little bit. Perez/Peavy/Buehrle/Colon. But the only true winner is colon, and he comes at a price. Should be able to get real good Ks tho.

Relief pitching: Oh geez, where to begin with this nightmare lol. Started with looper/kolb, traded kolb for chavez. Left me with looper, didnt realize settings favor pitching slightly, in a frantic effort, traded for borowski...two days later leads us to today...yea we all know about boro :,-( . Looper possibly losing his job? Ouch that could hurt bad as well, defintley a problem area.

Overall I think this team is very solid minus the closers, there isn't much on my team I can play around with to change that either, so I have to wait until the season starts to hopefully pick up a good FA closer.

If you read through all that, and have any differing views or projections or anything of the sort, please let me know!

thank you.
The Big Papi
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team