Who's better: Schmidt or Clement - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's better: Schmidt or Clement

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby zoozam » Tue May 06, 2003 8:07 pm

i sure want clement to be better; he started my week off a bit poor but i really like his upside. hopefully he'll have the ability to battle those third starters (as wood and prior go first) and get some w's.

one thing that's never mentioned there though is the hitters have a psychological belief that they SHOULD hit better against the 3rd starters. i think milwood and others have battled this for some time.

that's why smoltz always had such a great slot when he went after glavine and smoltz b/c his style was so different (power vs. finesse). clement is the 3rd power pitcher in a row. i think this is tough on him.
zoozam
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue May 06, 2003 10:52 pm

I think Clement's #2 in the rotation, and Prior's #3, but regardless I see how facing power for three starts in a row makes pitching predictable.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tjhksig » Tue May 06, 2003 11:14 pm

I gotta say Schmidt has shown me this year that he is better than Clement, who is good, but check his record, he's 2-4. Plus Schmidt pitches in a better park for pitchers.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers