How long till OF eligible for Huff? And 1 more Question. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How long till OF eligible for Huff? And 1 more Question.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How long till OF eligible for Huff? And 1 more Question.

Postby Andy1234 » Tue May 06, 2003 4:05 am

I'm in a Yahoo Public League and would like to know when they add eligiblity. I think he has a round 9 or 10 starts in the OF so far this year. I want him to be an OF because I have Delgado at 1st and would like some flexability.

One more question-How would you use the 3rd OF spot on my team?

C-Leiberthal
1B-Delgado
2B-Durham
SS-Renteria
3B-Chavez
OF-Berkman
OF-Burrell
OF-??????????????
UTIL-Huff
Bench-Blalock, Hairston, Alou, Roberts

I was thinking of using Roberts to add some speed, but I would also like to use Hairston and Blalock once and a while, but I can't bench Huff. So thats why I want him as an OF.

Would you go with Roberts or Alou now?
And when Huff is an OF, who would you play?

For a 12-team league I think this is a solid Offense, but with Berk and Burrell stuggling I am in the middle of the pack.
Andy1234

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Madison » Tue May 06, 2003 4:17 am

I have Alou and used him today because the dodger's didn't play and I remembered why I have him on my bench 0-4. Roberts has stolen 12 bags already and with him and Pierre I lead my league in steals. So I'd say start Roberts and if Alou starts hitting dingers, then get him in the lineup.
As for Yahoo updating, I don't have a clue.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smacdown5o » Tue May 06, 2003 7:06 am

definitly start huff!!the guy is tearing the cover off of the ball!!! 6 runs, 5 hr's, 7rbi's and batted .360 last week in 6 games played!!

i would also start roberts with his 12 sb's!! your team has good power and that is with chavez and burrell not on yet!!

oh and berkman so ride the sb's and lock that catagory up!!!
smacdown5o
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby tjhksig » Tue May 06, 2003 3:58 pm

In Yahoo leagues it's 15 games at a position, so he's got a week left to go unti he's OF elgible.

Also, pray for Damian Easley to suffer a big injury. Huff had 8 3B starts this year and would have been a HUGE 3B fantasy player had the D-Rays not picked up Easley. Man, I was salivating at the thought of Huff at 3B, but it looks like Easley is gonna crush my dream. That'd automatically make him a top 5 3B I think.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Andy1234 » Tue May 06, 2003 4:36 pm

I thought it was 15 games but wasn't positive, I would have liked 3B eligibility from Huff, then I would have great trade bait in Huff or Chavez.

I aquired Huff in a trade for Ru. Hernandez, the first day I had him was Sat and he hit 2 HR with 4 RBI, and then went yard on Sunday. So far the trade looks real good.
Andy1234

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jdh » Tue May 06, 2003 5:52 pm

Yeah it's 15 games at a position, and he has something like 10 right now, so he should have RF eligibility by the weekend. What really sucks is that he had 14 games at 3B last year and if he had 15, he would have 3B eligibility. We should all write to Yahoo bugging them to give him eligibility, because this is clearly a stupid technicality, and if they would take this years starts at 3B and last years' combined, he should be eligible there.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stratusfactionrt » Tue May 06, 2003 6:14 pm

jdh wrote:Yeah it's 15 games at a position, and he has something like 10 right now, so he should have RF eligibility by the weekend. What really sucks is that he had 14 games at 3B last year and if he had 15, he would have 3B eligibility. We should all write to Yahoo bugging them to give him eligibility, because this is clearly a stupid technicality, and if they would take this years starts at 3B and last years' combined, he should be eligible there.

Tell me where to write and I'll do it! ;-D
stratusfactionrt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdh » Tue May 06, 2003 6:18 pm

Convieniently, they don't seem to have anywhere on the site where you can email people feedback. But, really, it is absolutely ridiculous that he doesn't have 3B eligibility with 14 games last year and 8 this year.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sinicalypse » Tue May 06, 2003 6:29 pm

1B/3B/OF eligibility would make huff a very interesting swingman this season. he was somehow on free agency after his 2 HR game on sat, so i threw him on for sunday and he bopped out another one. i was looking at him as a late round bargain in the draft, but i forgot about him as i was acquiring the raul ibanezes of the world. ibanez has seemed to stagnate, despite holding his avg at .300.

bellhorn went from super-eligible super-stud to super-available super-bum. so huff's impending OF eligibility is interesting, as it will make him that much more nfitier to teams.

i think he might be a keeper over tradebait right now, as the name aubrey huff doesn't make your spine tingle, nor does he have a track record for 20-35 home runs. but i think this season he might have a good chance at 25-35 for a pretty darn cheap price.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Baseball Leftovers