Defending Champ, Just Drafted (I will help u) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Defending Champ, Just Drafted (I will help u)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Defending Champ, Just Drafted (I will help u)

Postby cafe_58 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:47 pm

Keeper (keep 5), 12 team league. Standard 5x5 scoring H2H.

C - Javy Lopez
1B- Helton
2B- Kent
3B- Lowell
SS - Lugo
OF- H. Matsui
OF - L. Walker
OF - Griffey Jr.
Utl- S. Casey

Bench - Vinny Castilla, and Frank Thomas

I like to keep my bench light on offense, Thomas will go on the IL and i'll prolly pick up an OF, maybe Dye.

Walker and Griffey are concerning. Lugo is the only SS I felt was worth picking up late, Beroa is out there too (I might pick him up). Overall, I punted steals for an emphasis on power and the other three cats.

SP - Schmidt
SP - Ollie Perez
RP - Wagner
RP - Guardado
P - J. Mesa
P - J. Borowski

Bench - Carlos Zambrano, Chris Carpenter, Odalis Perez, and Jeff Weaver

Starting pitching should be fine, hoping Carpenter gets wins and Odalis keeps up his ratios. Weaver is a gamble pick, hoping he can put it together.

Wagner should bounce back and stay healthly (hopefully). Guardado is concerning, but if he stays healthy, he'll be good. Mesa should get saves, and his ratios are acceptable with my staff. Borowski is a wait and see.

So what do u think?
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:55 pm

I think your team looks solid.

What I would do though is drop Lugo for Berroa, who IMO will have a better year. Secondly I would try and deal Mesa away for a better option at UTIL. I'm not a huge fan of Casey. Lastly for the OF that you would pick up when thomas stays on the DL...which FA are still available?

Overall Your team looks really solid everywhere.

Help me?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=104415
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bceagles04 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:00 pm

go_jays_go wrote:I think your team looks solid.

What I would do though is drop Lugo for Berroa, who IMO will have a better year. Secondly I would try and deal Mesa away for a better option at UTIL. I'm not a huge fan of Casey. Lastly for the OF that you would pick up when thomas stays on the DL...which FA are still available?

Overall Your team looks really solid everywhere.

Help me?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=104415

I agree, drop Lugo for Angel. He should have a year more reminiscent of his first year in the bigs
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wozzyck » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:19 pm

Excellent pitching staff.

I would be concerned that 2/3 of your outfield is amongst the most likely to lose significant time to injury. Also other than the category that you're punting (steals), you seem to be below average in runs as well. This isn't a surprising fact as the top run-scorers tend to bat first or second in the order, spots that usually go to basestealers, whom you're avoiding.
Wozzyck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cafe_58 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:47 pm

Wozzyck wrote:Excellent pitching staff.

I would be concerned that 2/3 of your outfield is amongst the most likely to lose significant time to injury. Also other than the category that you're punting (steals), you seem to be below average in runs as well. This isn't a surprising fact as the top run-scorers tend to bat first or second in the order, spots that usually go to basestealers, whom you're avoiding.

I am definitely concerned with Walker and Griffey. However, there are servicable OF that are FA's. My plan is to wait and see with them. If they are a hassle and hit the IL, then so be it, I usually find that a decent FA outfielder pops up. Also, I am hoping that they can both last until Frank Thomas comes back, who could put up simliar numbers as Griffey. Last I heard, Thomas is due back at the end of April, so i'm hoping Griffey can at the very least be injury free for a month. :-o

What would you suggest to do for runs? I think i'm ok there, although if you have a suggestion, then i'm all ears.
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby captinii » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:55 pm

ok your of is definately weak. but i think you could probably ship away grif and walker for some lower ranked players that will play year long. walker actually will probably be alright if you cant ship him away, atleast 25 hr 90 rbi imo. pitching: dump borowski, he aint the closer get hawkins. either than that your pitching is pretty solid!

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=
captinii
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cafe_58 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:05 pm

cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team