Just did a 30 round draft, tell me what you think of my team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just did a 30 round draft, tell me what you think of my team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just did a 30 round draft, tell me what you think of my team

Postby 1-2-Many » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:05 pm

12 team league with 18 stat catagories, H/AB, R, H ,2B, HR, RBI, SB, K ,AVG, OPS ,IP, W, L, SV ,H, K, SVOP ,ERA ,WHIP, K/9.

C-Pasada
1B-Teixeira
2B-Soriano
SS-Renteria
3B-McPherson
IF-Kotski
IF-Izturis
LF-H. Matsui
RF-B. Giles
CF-Griffey Jr.
OF-Sanchez
OF-Cameron
UTIL-Al. Gonzalez (FL)
UTIL-C. Pena
BN-D. Bell

SP-Hudson, Carpenter, Burnett, Greinke, R. Ortiz, W. Alvarez, Arroyo , Penny, Loaiza, V. Padilla.
RP-Lidge, F. Cordero, Wickman, T. Gordon, Linebrink.
5xSP, 2xRP,2xP, are the pitching spots.

Was the first time I have done a league this deep, and would like to get some feed back (good or bad) on some improvement I need to make. One thing I noticed is my lack of a bench on offense, and there isn't a whole lots of room to improve on the WW. Thanks for the look.
1-2-Many
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 1-2-Many » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:09 pm

bump

Any opinions?
1-2-Many
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hooligan1 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:36 pm

You do have a lack of bench depth, but in a 12 team league with 14 active hitter slots, that's pretty much a given for most teams. I don't think I'd worry about it too much. Of course, my philosophy on bench batters is different than a lot of peoples' as I don't tend to use my bench for hitters at all, preferring to stock up as much rotation and bullpen depth as I can find.

Your offense should be set. I think McPherson is a bit of a question mark and of course there's always Griffey and his endless injuries to contend with, but other than them I think you have a pretty solid team. You have a nice mix of older and younger players with speed, average and power scattered throughout the lineup.......

You have a VERY deep rotation and I really like your top three. Of the next seven, at least two of them will most likely fail to some degree or another, but you have enough depth to survive a couple injuries or horrible under-performances. Your bullpen is good to great, with Wickman being the only real concern.

Good lookin' team!!
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby 1-2-Many » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:17 am

Yeah I kinda waited a little too long to draft a 3B, thats why I picked up D. Bell (phi) for insurance although he isn't the healthiest of guys, my outfield is scetchy like you said with Griffy, and add to that Sanchez, who more then likely will only play till Baldelli get healthy, but I think I have some time between now and then to make some moves, hopefully some of my SP's will stand out early and pick up some trade value. Thanks for the input!
1-2-Many
College Coach
College Coach

Postby guitartime » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

I think your outfield could be a bit stronger, but it looks like you made some smart picks. You made some smart choices with the infield. Pitching seems fairly good. Good job!
guitartime
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team