Proof that Rotoworld is as clueless as the others... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Proof that Rotoworld is as clueless as the others...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rlee » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:21 pm

People can knock Rotoworld all they want. I make it my first internet stop of the day with my morning coffee. I even get up 15 minutes early so I can check them out before I leave. :-b

Rotoworld, you have helped me innumerably over the last three years that I have found the Wonderful World of Fantasy
Baseball ;-D
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chief knockohoma » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:35 pm

Rotoworld rocks!

I suppose i could get mad at them for influencing me to trade away Garrett Atkins last year in the midst of a championship run.

I had him on my ML roster and they kept saying over and over how he was such a bad defensive player that he was no longer in the Rockies plans...well, looks like they were wrong...

but I'm the fool for acting too hasty and not them....

So they made a minor factual mistake about which hand.

Who cares?
'but this goes up to 11.'
chief knockohoma
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby nsulham » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:46 pm

Rotoworld is my second stop everyday after the Cafe and I don't know what I'd do without it ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pedrosanpedro » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:22 pm

For sure Rotoworld is a big part of my fantasy daily dose.... quality stuff, up to date, and FREE (thanks guys!)! I guess if one doesn't like it, one doesn't need to look at it. As for erroneous posts, it happens, and I always cross reference with other sites anyway (there's lots out there), so misinformation and incorrect posts won't sabotage my draft.
pedrosanpedro
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Rotoworld » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:17 am

Thanks for the kind words guys - much appreciated.

Also to the person that said "jack of all trades - master of none". Matthew Pouliot does fantasy baseball about 15 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. He has no football, basketball responsibilities. If there was anyone I would trust - it would be him.

Good Luck in 2005...
-Rick
Rotoworld
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Pedantic » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:54 am

This isn't a thread about Rotoworld so much as it is a thread about Yanks04's hatred of Brown. So instead of trying to play semantics, just say what you really mean: Brown is junk and you don't think anyone should be recommending him as a fantasy pitcher. Deny it all you want, but that's the unabashed truth right there. Skip the petty issues and get to the point. And while you're at it, why not save some time and tell us what you think about Vazquez, too? :-D

P.S. Nothin' personal, Yanks, you have my respect for a number of other occasions, but good Lord, man, just out and say it. :*)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby TheRock » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:53 am

Rotoworld wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys - much appreciated.

Also to the person that said "jack of all trades - master of none". Matthew Pouliot does fantasy baseball about 15 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. He has no football, basketball responsibilities. If there was anyone I would trust - it would be him.

Good Luck in 2005...
-Rick

I've called Pouliot a stinkin' genius more than once on this site. I tend to agree with most everything he says.

What I really appreciate about the guy is he has always answered me if I send him an e-mail. And in a timely fashion. Only "expert" I know I can rely on if I want to get an "expert" opinion on something. Pretty classy I thought.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby wrveres » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:37 am

TheRock wrote:I've called Pouliot a stinkin' genius more than once on this site. I tend to agree with most everything he says.

What I really appreciate about the guy is he has always answered me if I send him an e-mail. And in a timely fashion.

you too ??

dang, I thought I was special :-o
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1155)

Postby Surfs up » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:48 am

If Rotoworld indeed made a mistake oh well. You shouldn't be deciding on what players to keep and go after totally by what writers from all of these sites say anyway. There is so much information avalible to you that you should come to your own conclutions about players.
I read the site several times a day.I think its great stuff. I also read others site.
Not everybody on this site is an expert. You don't see any bashing if somebody disagrees with a post. They just state their opinion.
Cut them some slack. Keep the nasty comments to yourself.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 273)

Postby Pacman » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:12 am

Not really sucking up here, Cafe folks, but bottom line, I learn more by reading all the varying opinions on a good topic in HERE than I do by any singular "expert" article on any fantasy site.

There are folks in here who are AS knowlegable about fantasy baseball as any paid expert (if not more).

If you're wondering whether to use an early second-round pick on Carl Crawford, or use the pick on a stud starting pitcher, you find some debate on the topic in here, and you get EVERY side of the issue. You read intelligent thoughts on taking Crawford, you get conflicting but also intelligent thoughts on going with the arm. You also get humor that is lacking in 99% of "expert" articles.

I read the experts too, but when I have a key decision to make about my beloved fantasy squad, this is the singularly most valuable Internet stop I can make.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers