Proof that Rotoworld is as clueless as the others... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Proof that Rotoworld is as clueless as the others...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Proof that Rotoworld is as clueless as the others...

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:16 pm

From today's "Strike Zone"...a recommendation for the moron Brown...Anyone notice the obvious factual error this clown is making and then basing part of his recommendation on it?

Kevin Brown - Yankees - What’s really changed from last spring, when Brown was regarded by practically everyone as a top-20 starter? His back is no more of a concern than it was then. He’s made it pretty clear that next time his temper leads him into a fight with a wall, he’ll be bright enough to lead with his left. Brown did struggle to come back after breaking his pitching hand last year, but with the way he had to rush his return, that was hardly unexpected. While Brown can’t be counted on to stay healthy, he should be well above average when healthy. A trade to the Braves would have made him an outstanding investment. As is, he’s still worth pursuing.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Proof that Rotoworld is as clueless as the others...

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:19 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:From today's "Strike Zone"...a recommendation for the moron Brown...Anyone notice the obvious factual error this clown is making and then basing part of his recommendation on it?

Kevin Brown - Yankees - What’s really changed from last spring, when Brown was regarded by practically everyone as a top-20 starter? His back is no more of a concern than it was then. He’s made it pretty clear that next time his temper leads him into a fight with a wall, he’ll be bright enough to lead with his left. Brown did struggle to come back after breaking his pitching hand last year, but with the way he had to rush his return, that was hardly unexpected. While Brown can’t be counted on to stay healthy, he should be well above average when healthy. A trade to the Braves would have made him an outstanding investment. As is, he’s still worth pursuing.

Brown is a good choice for this year, despite your blinders. He's a good pitcher, and at the time when you can get him, he's a great choice.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Amazinz » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:20 pm

Yea he broke his left hand. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Proof that Rotoworld is as clueless as the others...

Postby NYYanks723 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:24 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:From today's "Strike Zone"...a recommendation for the moron Brown...Anyone notice the obvious factual error this clown is making and then basing part of his recommendation on it?

Brown is a good choice for this year, despite your blinders. He's a good pitcher, and at the time when you can get him, he's a great choice.

AGREED.
NYYanks723
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TonyCee » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:19 pm

They posted a million news update's a day and all you can bring is ONE error.......Yep Rotoworld sucks :-? Quit hating
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheRock » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:39 pm

Still not sure I follow your logic. You've proven they're not infallible, are you saying you are? Is your problem that they still recommend him despite his injury history, age, and lack of self control, or that they're not gung-ho enough in their praise of the mighty Yankees as they strive to overcome the embarrassment of last season's unprecedented choke and buy yet another championship?
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:05 pm

I have to agree...I think "Rotoworld" is way overratted... Half the time they report information that never occurs, and they contradict themselfs about players all the time.. I feel the reporters don't actually scout players, yet they read other sources on the net, and report in that fashion... You should alway's take anything Rotoworld reports with a grain of salt until you read it, or hear about it from many other sources...

As for this article...Your being awfully petty!!! ;-)

Many other examples you could have given to prove your point in regard to Rotoworld's lack of original, or accurate content... B-)

PS. Many time's they are "Right On" but if you make enough predictions eventually you have to be correct about some of them..numbers game...right? :-?
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:12 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yea he broke his left hand. ;-)

That and the statement "Brown did struggle to come back after breaking his pitching hand last year, but with the way he had to rush his return, that was hardly unexpected. " is very misleading too. He broke his hand in September and he struggle pretty hard before that. I don't really read RotoTimes that much but this blurb is very amateurish.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby DK » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:20 pm

Tavish wrote:

That and the statement "Brown did struggle to come back after breaking his pitching hand last year, but with the way he had to rush his return, that was hardly unexpected. " is very misleading too. He broke his hand in September and he struggle pretty hard before that. I don't really read RotoTimes that much but this blurb is very amateurish.

A-HA! It was RotoWORLD!

Now, someone make a thread saying that everything Tav says is worthless. :D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:26 pm

DK wrote:
Tavish wrote:

A-HA! It was RotoWORLD!

Now, someone make a thread saying that everything Tav says is worthless. :D

I'm all aboard for that thread, I bet we could fill 10 pages just getting started. Honestly I don't read either one. I didn't even know there was a difference. :*)
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers