Pre ranking problems on Yahoo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pre ranking problems on Yahoo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby John Bonzo » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:47 pm

Well, the prerankings dont exactly change....its just that yahoo sometimes ignores them during a draft. If you preranked 50 RPs for your top 50 players, it would take a few of them and then start taking other positions so that you can fill a whole team.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jjigglers » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:59 pm

John Bonzo wrote:Well, the prerankings dont exactly change....its just that yahoo sometimes ignores them during a draft. If you preranked 50 RPs for your top 50 players, it would take a few of them and then start taking other positions so that you can fill a whole team.

yep.
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:24 pm

I'm confused, was this an autodraft league or a live draft?
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Onyx » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:32 pm

Live draft but the manager in question pre ranked his keepers and wasnt on-line at the time.
He has accepted the trade for his original keeper after rejecting it 2 times.
He is now basically threatening to leave the league. His team finished 2nd last year and its a pity because he is a fun character to have around.
Oh well. Thanks for the info. Anymore would be welcome for the record.
Last edited by Onyx on Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onyx
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tavish » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:37 pm

If he was auto-drafting I wouldn't consider him a cheater. Yahoo autopicks can be very odd at times, jumping from position to position trying to fill out the roster. That being said if you have an established rule that he has to trade an illegal pick then there really isn't much to discuss.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby Onyx » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:35 pm

This FA was picked up before all his pre ranked keepers had been selected.
Can Yahoo intervene before your pre selected keepers are all taken is the question. After his pre ranked keepers are taken then I agree Yahoo can do some funny things. But If Yahoo can change (not delete) my pre rankings (as he is claiming) then I'll have something to say about that.
:-S
Onyx
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:32 pm

The computer never lies. He loses.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Tavish » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:39 pm

Onyx wrote:This FA was picked up before all his pre ranked keepers had been selected.
Can Yahoo intervene before your pre selected keepers are all taken is the question. After his pre ranked keepers are taken then I agree Yahoo can do some funny things. But If Yahoo can change (not delete) my pre rankings (as he is claiming) then I'll have something to say about that.
:-S

Yes it can intervene before your preselected keepers are taken. I'm not saying that is what happened because I have no idea. But it it is a possibility.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers