Pre ranking problems on Yahoo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pre ranking problems on Yahoo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pre ranking problems on Yahoo?

Postby Onyx » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:41 am

We just had our 10 team, mixed keeper league draft. 1 manger took a player a couple of rounds earlier than he should have, stealing a free agent when he should still have been picking up his keepers.
He is now saying Yahoo must have caused the problem by messing with his pre rankings! He has a history of doing this in at least 1 other (football) league that I know of.
Has anyone else had their pre rankings 'change' on them without their knowledge this year?
I havent had any problems like this myself. Just want to make sure his story wont hold up before I call him a cheater.
It doesnt directly effect me but the whole league is in an uproar....
Thanks for any help you can give.
Onyx
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gwyddbwyll » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:44 am

What does he want to change? To re-do the draft from that point onwards? Its not going to happen so he needs to accept that.

It sucks but if you cant be at the draft then you cant really expect anything.

Edit - Just re-read your post and I see you're saying he stole one of the best free agents. I wouldnt call him a cheater.. that would only escalate the anger when it could have just as easily been a typo that he wasnt aware of.

The fact is you have a draft to sort out.. it doesnt matter if he cheated or not.. it needs to be re-done or he needs to drop that one free-agent.. pick up another and nobody can use that free agent for the rest of the year. That's one solution.
Last edited by Gwyddbwyll on Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwyddbwyll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Conner » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:46 am

Sounds dubious to me.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Conner » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:47 am

Gwyddbwyll wrote:What does he want to change? To re-do the draft from that point onwards? Its not going to happen so he needs to accept that.

It sucks but if you cant be at the draft then you cant really expect anything.

Seemed to me like he's not the one doing the complaining...
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Onyx » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:57 am

He is complaining because he is being forced to trade the player for the best offer he can get, no matter who it is, in 5 days. Those were the rules set down before the draft and he knew it well.
He was told last season that he would not be able to keep the player in question because he was called up after the cut-off date for keepers. We told him then because of his history and could forsee this happening.
As I said, it doesnt effect me directly at all but theres alot hostile feeling at the moment.
I really just want to know if anyone else has had pre ranking problems with Yahgoo.
Thanks.
Onyx
College Coach
College Coach

Postby John Bonzo » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:44 am

Sometimes prerankings do change....

If he was keeping two players from the same position (lets say 3B), and he has both third basemen preranked, somes times yahoo doesnt pick the second third basemen and instead gets a different position in order to try to draft a complete team.

During the draft, after this happened, why didnt you just say that whoever wanted the stolen free agent should just draft that manager's keeper that he failed to draft, and then just make an even swap after the draft was over?
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Onyx » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:36 am

John Bonzo wrote:During the draft, after this happened, why didnt you just say that whoever wanted the stolen free agent should just draft that manager's keeper that he failed to draft, and then just make an even swap after the draft was over?

This did happen but now he wants his player back and to keep the free agent. He still drafted 3 other keepers after the FA.
Kinda takes the fun away from the game.

Sometimes prerankings do change....

If he was keeping two players from the same position (lets say 3B), and he has both third basemen preranked, somes times yahoo doesnt pick the second third basemen and instead gets a different position in order to try to draft a complete team.

Never heard of this in 5 years doing Yahoo fantasy baseball! Kinda defeats the purpose of doing your own pre rankings.
Onyx
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:12 am

Yahoo did twice delete my pre-ranking list this year, but I've never had them change it!
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Amazinz » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:24 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:Yahoo did twice delete my pre-ranking list this year, but I've never had them change it!

This is the third year I have drafted a league at Yahoo and I've never had them screw up my list. But I did I have them delete one of my lists like Agnes and I didn't realize until the draft started. :-o
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:01 pm

I've read about a few of our members having their prerank list deleted, so I know there are at least some issues there. Haven't heard anything about them being changed though. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers