Who is moving up/down your draft board? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is moving up/down your draft board?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sigtaulefty » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:38 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
sigtaulefty wrote:I'm excited the way Matsui is hitting the ball in Spring Training. He's gone from a 6th-7th rounder, to possibly a 4th-5th IMO.

I thought he was at that position in the first place :-?

He could've been, the few mock drafts that I did with some other people had him go as low as the 8th. I guess it depends on who your drafting with. I've got him in most of my leagues, and one drafting tonight I really hope I snag him.
[b]"I'd like the thank the good lord for making me a Yankee"[/b] - Joe DiMaggio
sigtaulefty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:44 pm

RynMan wrote:
Glaus won't be healthy all year. And when he can't play in the field, he has nowhere to hide now he's in the NL. I wont draft him, I'll let other people take a chance on him.

What makes you think he won't be healthy? Don't think this guy is like Austin Kearns or JD Drew. He went down with a bad shoulder in 2003 and never got it right until late August 2004. Now he is healthy there is no reason to suggest he won't stay healthy.

Remember, before his shoulder in 2003 he had only missed 18 games in the previous 4 seasons combined.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby .38 Special » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:47 pm

I snagged Carlos Lee in the 13th, which I think is a late round snag.
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:12 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
RynMan wrote:
Glaus won't be healthy all year. And when he can't play in the field, he has nowhere to hide now he's in the NL. I wont draft him, I'll let other people take a chance on him.

What makes you think he won't be healthy? Don't think this guy is like Austin Kearns or JD Drew. He went down with a bad shoulder in 2003 and never got it right until late August 2004. Now he is healthy there is no reason to suggest he won't stay healthy.

Remember, before his shoulder in 2003 he had only missed 18 games in the previous 4 seasons combined.

Frayed Labrum, Torn Rotator cuff. Not only does he have the most common throwing injury, he has the top 2. Both of these injuries have a high frequency of reoccurence and when they do, he will be riding the pine. The labrum can also affect you when you swing - Exibit A, Richie Sexson.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby NZF » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:32 pm

I guess the Diamondbacks are confident it won't reoccur ;-)

He'll get plenty of time at 1B this season anyway and will be Arizona's first baseman of the future. Raffy Palmeiro played there in a wheelchair last season so I guess we can call it the NL's DL position.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benjapage » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:38 pm

and leave austin kearns out of it. his injuries have largely been freakish. if anything, i'd say his value has gone through the roof this spring.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby RynMan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:44 pm

[quote="New Zealand Fan"]I guess the Diamondbacks are confident it won't reoccur ;-)

[quote]

The same D'backs that signed him to a 4 year $45million contract?
The same D'backs that signed Russ Ortiz to a 4 year $33million contract?
The same D'backs that traded Curt Schilling for a bunch of spare parts?

:-D

I have no faith in the D'backs management. They only signed Glaus to that deal to show to their fans that they are trying to win, even though they were crying poor during the 2004 season, and were always trading their only player that people came to see play.

!+)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby NZF » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:50 pm

RynMan wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:The same D'backs that signed Russ Ortiz to a 4 year $33million contract?

You leave Russ Ortiz out of this. He's going to be huge this year.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:13 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
RynMan wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:The same D'backs that signed Russ Ortiz to a 4 year $33million contract?

You leave Russ Ortiz out of this. He's going to be huge this year.

My bad....I didnt really mean it. Its just my strategy to turn people off Ortiz....he's one of my sleepers this year.

!+)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers