Pokey Reese leaves training camp - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pokey Reese leaves training camp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pokey Reese leaves training camp

Postby Dodger Blue » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:38 am

Mar 16 Reese left camp personal reasons and it is unknown when he will return, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports.
Recommendation: Reese has been gone a couple of days, but manager Mike Hargrove said he doesn't know when to expect Reese back. This could open the door for Jose Lopez, who is having a good spring.

Lopez has been hitting .389 this spring. Anybody think he'll get the job? I have Craig Counsel in my 20 man league. Lopez has got to be better than him doesn't he????
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:20 am

I thought Jose Lopez was starting over Reese even before all of this.

http://www.theinsidepitch.com/ROS_SEA.html
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby so0perspam » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:39 am

eftda wrote:I thought Jose Lopez was starting over Reese even before all of this.

Nope.

Mar. 16, 2005 - 8:29 pm et

Pokey Reese returned to the lineup today and went 0-for-1 before being removed.
Reese missed three days to attend to personal business.

Mar. 13, 2005 - 4:25 pm et

Pokey Reese returned home to attend to personal business and is expected to be gone for a couple of days.
Reese, who has already missed time with an ankle injury, needs to show something over the next three weeks to hold on to the starting job that was essentially handed to him when he was signed. He's 1-for-13 so far.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Seattle SS sitch

Postby nuggets » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:38 pm

eftda wrote:I thought Jose Lopez was starting over Reese even before all of this.

"Could Jose Lopez emerge as the Mariners' opening day shortstop after all? The 21-year-old is hitting .308 (8-for-26) and has yet to commit an error in 10 spring games, easily outperforming veteran Pokey Reese, who is batting just .071 (1-for-14). Reese is really only useful for his glove at this stage of his career, and the way things are shaking out, he could take a seat to Lopez, merely serving as a late-inning defensive replacement. If you're looking for a sleeper among American League shortstops, Lopez does have the potential for a 20/20 season in the next couple years. He could come close as an everyday player this season. "

-Tristan H. Cockcroft
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:12 pm

i expect lopez to be the starting shortstop for the M's opening day.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers