Please Help With This Strategy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Please Help With This Strategy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please Help With This Strategy?

Postby Jedimindtric » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:49 pm

I have the #1 pick and I was thinking of a few options. Pujols foot worries me, Vladdys back worries me and Beltrans inconsistency worries me. The ladder two worry me less than Pujols at this point. I was thinking of drafting Pujols just for the fact of trading him away for 2 top studs, possibly a pitcher and a 1st baseman or outfielder. He seems to have the most appeal to others. What do you think of this strategy. If not, I would rather have Vladdy or Beltran to keep on my team. I posted this in the draft forum but it may be more for this forum. Any input would be GREATLY Appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
Jedimindtric
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ebrage » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:54 pm

I myself wouldn't draft him with the idea of trading him, what if you can't get what you want in return. Do you have the option of trading the pick? Maybe someone want's Beltran or Vlad REAL bad and would give you some draft choices for the #1 pick? Just my .02.
ebrage
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:00 pm

Draft and trade is a BAD strategy as you always can't find a buyer at the right price and for what you need.

If you have problems with a player, then pass on him and go to the next one on the list. You could do a lot worse than Arod as your top pick. Myself, I would not have a problem picking any of the top 4. Just a matter of whether you want good numbers with some speed (Vlad), a lot of speed (Beltran), good speed (AROD) or no speed with better 4 cat numbers (Pujols).
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby agchris02 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:36 pm

of course your other option is to trade the top draft pick away -- nothing wrong with trading the number one overall pick for the number 10 pick in the first round AND an extra pick in the 3rd or 4th round

Then you still get a great 1st rd player, and when round 3 rolls around, you get 2 great players :)
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers