Alex Sanchez signs with Tampa Bay! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Sanchez signs with Tampa Bay!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby NYYanks723 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:46 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:I said nothing about Lawton in reference to what Sanchez was giving you. I said I would not bother with Sanchez if it meant dropping Lawton earlier in the thread as Sanchez blows and could lose his job.

Knock yourself out, but with or without Sanchez, your team is still short on speed and Sanchez is in all reality likely to give you a mere 5-12 SB boost. Your speed problems remains and all you have done is stick a band-aid on a gash. Damon wil get you 20-25...Vlad 15...Kent 5...Nomar 5 give or take. Wilson may help a bit I do not think he is running much now. You have about 50 Sbs on that starting squad...Add Sanchez and it goes up to 60 or so... You are talking about finishing bottom 1/3 of the category either way and at some point you either need to concede that and not worry about it or deal with it via a trade. Sanchez is not going to change that. You are talking like this is some sort of magical cure...your problem remains and it may in fact not warrant addressing if you can run up the other categories.

So all you are saying is that Sanchez is not solving my SB problem completely. I know that. I'm posting in reference to the people who said I was stupid for dropping Lawton. Neither one has much use on my team, but Sanchez can help my weakness more than Lawton can.
NYYanks723
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:59 pm

Alex Rios will steal more bases than Sanchez and be a are more productive fantasy and real life player.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jester » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:04 pm

water boy wrote:
hybrid wrote:The signing makes a lot more sense after you take into acount that (the other great signing besides alomar) D. Baustista has retired. So really the Rays only had Crawford and Huff in the OF till Rocco gets back. The signing is merely a stop gap since they clearly don't want to play any other OF they currently have in ST (D. Brown/Goodwin/Singleton).

Also like I have said before, Gathright has no future with the Rays ... I think this makes it fairly obvious.

that just killed Gathright's value until Rocco would have came back.

How do we know that Gathright isn't starting? They have little depth right now, maybe this is just to be safe, and since he was availible...you see what I'm saying.
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Jester
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ensanimal » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:24 pm

Jester wrote: How do we know that Gathright isn't starting? They have little depth right now, maybe this is just to be safe, and since he was availible...you see what I'm saying.

gathright was sent back down to AAA already.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby kev921 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:46 pm

NYYanks723 wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:That was a very stupid signing. They already have a very speedy outfield, and Gathright is much better than Sanchez anyway. Why would they crowd a better player out of their lineup by signing a terrible player? Makes no sense to me.

Oh, and NYYanks, you should not have dropped Lawton for him. :-o

Lawton is by far the worst hitter on my offense. He's in Pittsburgh which means some of his numbers will probably decrease. My team is short on steals and mega-high on power. All signs pointed to Sanchez.

You can't discount a player on any team. I didn't hesitate to grab Jason Bay just because he's in Pittsburgh. I think Lawton's numbers have a good chance of increasing because there may be less pressure on him to perform.
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers