rate my winners league team and you can date my sister - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

rate my winners league team and you can date my sister

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

rate my winners league team and you can date my sister

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:51 am

and i'll sit around the forum and analyze other teams too, esp if you rated mine... just drop a link to your team.

wwlp, i finally got access to my first yahoo publeague winners league, and when i set up my 151-deep rankings list for the autodrafts, the winner's league team popped up well before hte other two competitive league teams. i think i made a nearly-obscene killing on pitching, altho 3/5 of my rotation hasn't done it yet, tho i think they will. that said, here's the team

c - javy lopez
1b - phil nevin
2b - luis castillo
ss - pedro feliz (he's 1B/3B/SS eligible, and will be OF eligible if bonds starts off injured and he starts off as the primary LF)
3b - casey blake
OF - vladimir guerrero
OF - aaron wowand
OF - eric byrnes
util - jeromy burnitz
bench/OF - reggie sanders
bench/3B - corey koskie

SP - carlos zambrano, chris carpenter, cliff lee, eric bedard, dan haren
RP - mariano rivera, keith foulke, armando benitez, dan kolb, and latroy "effin" hawkins

so yeah, the one thing htat jumps off of the page at me is ythat my closer situation is fantastic. i have arguably four #1 closers (and thats arguable because i dunno if the world is ready to anoint kolb as a #1 closer yet, but i am. he was fanstastic last year, and thats coming off of the end of 03 where he was just as gooid)

i think i need to swing some deals to get more offense. while you're here, the following people are available... would you make any moves for them and get a waiver claim on them (i'm #11 waiver, so it doesnt matter if i jump the gun for a marginal upgrade, as i only have one position to lose). keep in mind that i'd likely dump koskie. anyways, here's who's available:

- frank thomas
- eribuel durazo
- biggio
- marquis grissom
- kevin millar
- bernie williams
- carlos pena
- jose cruz jr
- raul ibanez
- conine
- ronDL white
- dmitri young
- jack wilson
- tino martinez
- mark bellhorn
- ronnie belliard (thinking he might be worth a roll of the dice in case castillo goes in the tank, or doesnt get on pace to steal 40+ again)
# # # jermaine dye (oooh, i tentatively put a claim in for him. i think he could have a big big year)
- cliff floyd
- angel berroa
- juan encarnacion
- todd walker
- rob mackowiak

would you get any of them?

ok if you want me to answer yours, drop a linlk to the thread in here and i will do it... i plan on a good ol fashioned dork-out tonight, so i'll be sure to help lots of ppl.

thanks

# el jimicalypse sinicollaptico
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rhino Tuff » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:34 am

I like Foulke a lot, I worry about Mariano this year, to your comment about Gagne I think it is a good chance that he starts the season. Benitez is a great closer hopefully he is able to keep his mental game in check. How many teams in the league?

Lopez should be a monster.

Vlad ;-)

Your pitching staff looks good, but your outfield maybe a source of issue, I think Burnitz is in for a big tumble, Byrnes status is questionable, I definitely think there are some interesting opions on the wire.

Carlos Pena will probably build off of his year last year Detroit could be a surprise this year similar to Cleveland last year.

That would make Dmitri Young even more appetizing that Pena.

I also like Angel Berroa, David Dejesus, and John Buck to have big years with the Royals...
Rhino Tuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:40 am

thx for the verbiage.

do you have a thread i can help you out with?
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Phatferd » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:55 am

I really like your relief pitching. I think your OF needs some help. When you have Rowand starting you need help, lol. I would pick up Dmitri Young for sure over Burnitz or Rowand. I think he is 1B eligible also, which provides a backup for Nevin who is an injury risk.

Also, you have 3 closers, I would think abotu trying to deal one for a solid 3B, your 2nd weakest position. Maybe you can trade MO for a guy like Blalock or Mora, if not try trading Folke or Benitez for a Lowell type 3B.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Phatferd » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:10 am

actually after looking at your roster again I would try and get rid of Byrnes for Young (I think Young has OF eligibility). I think you need to work on your OF more than anything and like I said you have a surplus of RP to trade some of that.

I like your infield a lot. I would only try to work on your OF and you will be good.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:07 pm

Well the first thing I noticed when I looked at your team was...WHOA, look at his closers. Your very solid there. Mariano will be a good safe pick this season, unless he gets injured. Something that I would change is dropping LaTroy, he's not the closer...and pick up the Dmitri "the meat hook" young. I would also try and deal byrnes somewhere else for a safer pick. Other then that your team looks pretty good, and I'de love to be in the position you are in right now ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team