Clemens leaves game with an injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clemens leaves game with an injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Clemens leaves game with an injury

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:34 am

Just saw it on local news - DET vs. HOU today.

Clemens leaves after 1 1/3 with pulled muscle.

Gotta run - have no source yet.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:38 am

Ah crap...he was my Keeper league special. I hope it's nothing serious. :-o :,-(

Yahoo! Sports wrote:
Clemens leaves game with strained hamstring

March 18, 2005
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) -- Roger Clemens strained his right hamstring Friday night and left Houston's game against the Detroit Tigers after just 1 1-3 innings.

The seven-time Cy Young Award winner is day to day. He said his hamstring felt tight the past two days.

``Other than that, I feel pretty good,'' Clemens said. ``I hoped that it would have gone away. You need to know the difference between being hurt and something just hurting, so we'll treat it and it will get better.

``I don't believe it is hurt. If it continues to be problem, I'm sure we'll continue to evaluate it,'' he said.

It was Clemens' first start since March 4 against Cleveland. He threw 60 pitches in a simulated game on March 9.

Clemens was hit hard by the Tigers, allowing seven hits and seven earned runs, including two homers. He said he felt a twinge while backing up home plate after an RBI single by Carlos Guillen, and Astros manager Phil Garner took him out.

``Once I backed up home, it really grabbed me,'' Clemens said. ``Phil said there was no way I should chance it out there. I'd be crazy to sit out there and force it right now.''

Clemens said he'll miss his next start if the hamstring isn't any better by that time.

``I'm really not too concerned about it right now,'' he said. ``But I can't sit out there and push. The fastballs I did throw were nice and firm. Most of the balls that were hit were changeups, and we're working really hard on that. If I have to miss a start, I'll miss one and we'll go from there.''

Astros left-hander Andy Pettitte, who made just 15 starts last season due to a torn flexor tendon in his left elbow, made his first start of the spring in a `B' game Friday against Cleveland, allowing four hits in two scoreless innings.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers