100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kaz Ishii a MET???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kaz Ishii a MET???

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:34 pm

Just read this:

Kazuhisa Ishii - S - Dodgers

The Dodgers and Mets are close to a deal that would send Kazuhisa Ishii to the Mets for Jason Phillies, TSN's Ken Rosenthal reports.
Phillips to the Dodgers seemed like a great fit before the Mets moved Vance Wilson instead. Now that they have some faith in Ramon Castro, they can still afford to part with Phillips, who would become the top candidate to start for the Dodgers. Ishii would become the Mets' fifth starter, opening up a spot in the Los Angeles rotation for Scott Erickson. Mar. 18 - 8:05 pm et
Source: FOXSports.com

If this comes true, and Kaz becomes the Mets 5th starter... With increased control, would Kaz be a good late round flier this year, and a breakout canidate?

Interested in all opinions, thanks ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nikku88 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:38 pm

I don't think Kaz will ever improve his control.
He won't even be the best Kaz on the Mets. :-D
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:49 pm

Hey Peterson can fix anyone in ten minutes. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:06 am

ESPN radio is reporting the the hold up is that the Dodgers want Heilmann and Phillips for Ishii.

If this trade happens (starting to doubt it) I think Phillips become a nice C sleeper.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:37 pm

hey...not bad...zambrano and kaz on the same team. the mets will lead the majors in BB. }:-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby RyanK » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:49 pm

There is also rumor that Tim Redding is the Mets fallsafe option if they cant land Ishii
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:08 pm

Amazinz wrote:Hey Peterson can fix anyone in ten minutes. :-D

10 minutes?? That's not even enough time for him to put a dent in his biomechanics seminar. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:23 pm

RyanK wrote:There is also rumor that Tim Redding is the Mets fallsafe option if they cant land Ishii

Yay. I'm about to pass out with excitement. :-b
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Baseball Leftovers