Yahoo! Plus or CBS Sportsline Leagues? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo! Plus or CBS Sportsline Leagues?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo! Plus or CBS Sportsline Leagues?

Postby Melo255 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:51 pm

Which do you prefer? Why? I think they are just about the same price although as far as I can tell CBS Sportsline actually gives cash to the winner while Yahoo! Plus just nets you a trophy :-? That right? I'm just talking about for joining a regular 5x5 roto public league. I'm not looking for a specific league just which site to play at. I imagine a lot of people are trying to decide which sites to put their money in so you'll be helping out more than just me. ;-D Thanks in advance
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo! Plus or CBS Sportsline Leagues?

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:58 pm

Melo255 wrote:Which do you prefer? Why? I think they are just about the same price although as far as I can tell CBS Sportsline actually gives cash to the winner while Yahoo! Plus just nets you a trophy :-? That right? I'm just talking about for joining a regular 5x5 roto public league. I'm not looking for a specific league just which site to play at. I imagine a lot of people are trying to decide which sites to put their money in so you'll be helping out more than just me. ;-D Thanks in advance

I just drafted for some girl that has no idea on fantasy baseball O:-) on Sportsline. I really hate their interface for ranking players, it's hard to find where to do stuff, and there is just a lot of text everywhere which just clogs up you actually seeing your team. But, it does give you some nice player news and as you mentioned, the money thing is nice.

I like Yahoo for fantasy football, and now I also like it for baseball. Everything is easy to find, and they also give you access to lots of updated player news. But, I guess if getting money is something you would like, you'd have to go to Sportsline... :-?
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:06 pm

Never used the Yahoo Plus, our league has used Sportsline the last 4 years and we have never had a problem with it. I would recommend it to anyone.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rubidium » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:22 pm

Might be helpful to check a few of these out.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96994
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92613
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94044

I'm doing my first Sportsline league this year, to try it out, and I did Yahoo Plus last year. My experiences with Sportsline have obviously been limited, but Sportsline appears promising from what I've seen, especially regarding league prizes. Both are good options, IMO.
Rubidium
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Sportsline bad

Postby damnsam » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:36 pm

I had a horrible experience this year with sportsline football. Their draft interface totally bombed out and even though i was at the draft I ended up with 4 guys who were injured for at least half the season. I sent an email complaining about it and they informed me that my team should still be competitive. Needless to say I didn't win the league. i will never go back to sportsline again.
damnsam
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Sportsline bad

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:42 pm

damnsam wrote:I had a horrible experience this year with sportsline football. Their draft interface totally bombed out and even though i was at the draft I ended up with 4 guys who were injured for at least half the season. I sent an email complaining about it and they informed me that my team should still be competitive. Needless to say I didn't win the league. i will never go back to sportsline again.

this type of experience unfortunately isnt unheard of at CBS - they've had problems with their draft software for years now.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby paw75 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:06 pm

The past two years I have been playing on Yahoo. This is the first year on CBS. I must say I am liking CBS a lot better than Yahoo. I feel their coverage of Baseball and Fantasy Baseball is a far more superior to Yahoo.
paw75
paw75
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers