Rate My Team, I'll Rate Yours! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My Team, I'll Rate Yours!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My Team, I'll Rate Yours!

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:15 pm

8-man roto
Scoring=Runs,HR,RBI,SB,OBP,W,Saves,K's,ERA,WHIP

HITTING
C-Jorge Pasada (NYY)
1B-Carlos Delgado (FLA)
2B-Brian Roberts (BAL)
3B-Eric Chavez (OAK)
SS-Rafeal Furcal (ATL)
INF-Paul Konerko (CWS)
OF-Barry Bonds (SFO), Vernon Wells (TOR), Magglio Ordonez (DET), Andruw Jones (ATL)
UTIL-Derek Lee (CHC), Jason Giambi (NYY)
BENCH- Richard Hildalgo (HOU), Orlando Cabrera (LAA), Preston Wilson (COL)

PITCHING
SP-Johan Santana (MIN), Mark Prior (CHC)
RP-Brad Lidge (HOU), Francisco Cordero (TEX), Troy Percival (DET), Jeremy Affeldt (KC),
P-Roy Oswalt (HOU), Javier Vasquez (ARI), AJ Burnett (FLA), Adam Eaton (SDG)

Anything I should work on? Where am I Weak and Strong? Will I contend?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thatguy_0 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:20 pm

I think you're pretty strong, especially in OBP. I'd suggest trying to get a bit more speed, and trying to trade some of your power.

You should have no problems in saves, though I worry a bit about Burnett and Prior this year.
thatguy_0
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby gimpybunters » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:39 pm

If Prior gives you a solid 3/4 of a season you will be solid. Really like your other pitchers. You have a solid bench as well.
You Can Do It
gimpybunters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:15 pm

anyone else?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:05 am

bump
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dannomyte » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:16 am

Very solid team.

I would play Cabrera at UTIL instead of Giambi to improve your speed. Atleast until Giambi shows he can stay healthy and perform. With Roberts, Furcal, Lee and Cabrera you should be able to compete in SB.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=104168
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jpbusta » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:55 am

Great team. GOod balance of power, speed, pitching, and RPs. I'd also play Cabrera over Giambi when the season starts. ;-D

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=103444
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rhino Tuff » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:05 am

Great staff.

I think your team could see some injury issues though, Barry, Prior, Wilson.

You should be solid on steals especially if Vernon Wells breaks out for 20 steals. Lots and lots of power. Impressive...
Rhino Tuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:29 am

yeah you can tell that you're in an 8 team leauge, cuz i was gonna comment something akin to "damn, that's impressive... how many are in your league?" then i saw that its 8.

basically, your team is pretty damn solid around the board. i'll go over the position by position breakdown for you.

catcher = posada --- welp, last year i singled jorge out as THE catcher to have, figuring he was as close as you could get to a lock for .275/30/85 at catcher, and he started off amazingly fast... then he got injured, i think beaned in the face or something... that threw him off and he ended up being quite mortal...i remember using victor martinez fdor my catching duties after posada slowed down from his torrid pace. still, the guy is basically a perennial .280/20-25/75-90 type bat, and with legitimate upside he could do .280/30/100+ so that's never bad to have at catcher.

delgado is another guy who can fluctuate somewhat, howeve,r he seems to usually end up on the business end of .300/30/100... as we know with delgado, he can surge up to .330, fall down to .270, hit damn near 50 HRs, or end up right around 30... rbis seem to go from 100-130.... i think florida's park is technically considered a pitcher's park, still, he's a very solid option to have there and with him, you never knew, he could pull out a monster .325/45/130 type year. not bad at all.

brian roberts is prolly the top steals guy at 2nd... with hairston definitely gone, not that it mattered cuz they had defaulted to him anyways, he should get another crack at ~.300ish/with 30+ steals. if he doesnt score 100-120+ times with taht lineup, he must be injured or terrible.

SS - furcal is damn solid. he'll prolly net you 25+ steals and pull out a .280/12-15/45-65 RBi year on top of that. good solid SS production.

eric chaves is about as solid as a .275/30/100 as you'll get at 3B, of course, injury permitting. good solid safe pick.

konerko could tank it and go .270/25/85, but i look for him to be around .280/30/100, cuz remember, comiscular park is now the #2 or #3 hitters park in the game, i think #2 only behind coors.

good solid outfield... obviously bonds' injury is a minor setback, and really sucks for fantasy people cuz i remember bonds being like .470/10/20 at the end of last april.... april is perenially one of his best months. still, you know you get a speical hitter whenever he comes back. vernon wells seems to be a popular rehab pick with posters on the cafe, or at least from the 5-8 teams i've rated tonight. again, .300/30/100/15-20 pedigree with him, tho he seems to start slow.... hopefully he doesnt have another abysmal start render him below those #s i dumped. magglio is obviously a giant question mark, but if he's healthy you know he's a veritable lock for .300/30/100, then again, his #s lifetime at comerica are god awfulk., so with that and hte injury i'd expect .280/20/75 and take whatevcer you can get from there. andruw jones is another .275/30/100 type guy who seems to be pretty perennial.

since you have mad depth, magglio's potential sucking and.or hurting can be made up.

derrek lee is another.270/30/85 type guy, and he could steal up to 15 bags... giambi is a giant question mark, as who knows how healhty he is? i'd look for .280/20-25/75-85, with upside taking him to .300/30/100...

i think hiidalgo is a great guy to have on your bench, cuz we know he's got the potential to rip off .300/30/100, and his spring #s are awesome thus far after a bad 2nd half+ in new york. now that hes in texas he could do good in a stacked lineup. cabrera is still improving and might even play well enough to oust furball from your everyday lineup... i look for .280/20/80/20 from him in a good solid year... p-dub had some injuries last year if memory serves, but being in colorado, he could easily shoot out .280/35/110 before remembering that he's usually one of the most inconsistent players in MLB.

your SP is damn solid, obviously johan santana is about as good as it gets. roy oswalt is about as solid as a 15+ lock as you cna get (stick with him if he starts slow... i did last year and it paid dividends for me. if he doesnt start slow, 20 wins with a 3.00ish ERA and 200+ Ks are almost a formality)... i look for burnett to win 15+ with a 3.50-4.00 ERS and 200+ kks.... prior, obviously, if healthy is a 17+ win sub 3.5 ERA pitcher with 250+ Ks, aka one of the top 5 pitchers in all of baseball, but its only healht thats stopping him at this point. adam eaton is wildly inconsistent, but not a bad guy t okeep on the bench, cuz if he gets hot and figures out how to win 15 with a 3.5ish ERA, you'de like to have him there. javvy vazquez is on an OK team and wasnt al that great last year, but he has hte pedigree to win 15, have a 3.5ish ERA, and striek out 200+.

you basically have three for sure closers in lidge, cordero, and percival... affeldt prolly wont hold it all year, but if anything, you MIGHT wanna try and move some of your offensive or SP depth for another closer, cuz im guessing if your tream is this good and only has 3 closers, someone else has 5 closers who are all veritable locks for 30+, so you might need to wing another closer in order to keep up with the 7 other jonese sin your league.

that said, you're not especially weak anywhere, and you have tremendous depth on offense, and good quality depth on SP. if i were you i'd keep my eyes open for a deal where you can get a RP. heck, since you have three solid ones, if gagne ends up missing a month or something, yet you think he;'ll come back strong, maybe you can even dangle somehting out there for him whilst he's injured, hten catch him when he comes back and saves on a ~50 save season pace.

either way, i think your team will be fine as is, but if i were you, considering that all of the teams in your league are probably in the same ballpark as your good team, i'd look for another RP to balance the forces of pitching and make sure that someone with ~5-6 stud closers doesnt end the safves race b4 it starts.

plz check out my thread @ http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=104187

thx

# j1mb0w
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:14 pm

I just pulled the trigger on this trade that I think helps me with my SB situation

I give: Konerko

He gives: Podsednik

Can I afford to give up this power? Am I doing the right thing?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team