Prior falls to what round now??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prior falls to what round now???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:49 pm

thomasps3 wrote:What might be overlooked in those innings is the workload Prior pitched during the entire season....inlcuding the college season, and the minors. Also, Dusty is known to be mnurder on youngsters...the proof is right before our eyes....Prior has perfect mechanics, and is as strong as a horse, but a young hsoulder can only take so much...at 23, he should not have thrown 200+ innings

Perfect Mechanics?

His arm angle has been a concern of scouts since his college days...(It was said that with his arm angle, he was a major arm injury waiting to happen) His injuries were predicted even before becomming a Cubbie.. I'm not a Dusty fan, but this is hardly his fault...
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Spartans Rule » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:55 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im of the opinion that most of you are overreacting, and I will gladly draft him in the 4th at this point.

I agree with this. People are overreacting because of what happened last year. Prior is an elite SP with a minor injury.

When players have minor injuries, I generally just move them to the bottom of their current tier. I'll take Sheets or Schmidt over Prior now, but I'm not going to pass on him for second tier guys.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pat1999 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:46 pm

just add prior to the high risk high reward list that wood has beenon for years....im not going to go after prior early but if he is around in the 5th i dont think u can pass him up just because if he does get healthy and pitchers 3/4 of the year u know hes going to be lights out...

another thing to remember. is that players who are missing time early in the year should not be crossed off draft sheets immediately....the most important part of fantasy is from the break on so if hes healthy for the 2nd half that could be all that really matters
greatest game on earth
pat1999
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers