I need help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I need help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I need help

Postby Iggy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:29 am

I will be drafting 4th in a deep 5x5 roto league (18 teams with 28 players) and my dilema is the 10 stat categories are standard except for 2 batting categories are different. OBP instead of BA and SLG instead of HR. I want to take a batter but who do I take? Bonds (risky do to injury), Helton, Abreu and Ramirez are more valuable with these new categories and i am unsure about the normal top 4 of Pujols (i am sure he will gone at my pick), then A-Rod, Guerrero and Beltran
Iggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:02 am

Looks like you have it right to me ;-D . I'd take whichever of those 4 are left when your pick is up. :-)

Good luck in the draft! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby so0perspam » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:06 am

Bonds would be the clear cut #1 overall pick with these stat categories .... don't worry about the injury, he'll still put up phenomenal numbers.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby eftda » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:16 am

so0perspam wrote:Bonds would be the clear cut #1 overall pick with these stat categories .... don't worry about the injury, he'll still put up phenomenal numbers.

If your unable to draft him, and Bonds goes go on the DL you should do everything in your power to snag him.
Last edited by eftda on Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:18 am

so0perspam wrote:Bonds would be the clear cut #1 overall pick with these stat categories .... don't worry about the injury, he'll still put up phenomenal numbers.

Not to disagree, but it's sure sounding like Bonds will play less than 100 games this year. Granted, in those games, he will certainly rule OBP and SLG, and be the most dominant force out there. Unfortunately he will be limited to about half the season, provided there are no additional injuries and he recovers from this last surgery on schedule. Anything else will just take even more of the season away for him.

Not sure I'd want to risk a #4 pick overall on a guy who might play half the season, no matter how good he is.

Just my thoughts anyway ;-) .
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers