ATTN: ALL PEOPLE STARTING THREADS IN THIS FORUM - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

ATTN: ALL PEOPLE STARTING THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:53 am

davidwv wrote:Perhaps it's my unfamiliarity with the capabilities of the site, but I have a problem with the "automatic" posting of everyone's entire roster. When I do a search for discussions/comments regarding a specific player, I get a lot of "false positive" hits because that player just happens to be on someone's roster and is, therefore, listed in his/her post -- and the main topic of the post has nothing to do with the player I'm interested in.

Is there some feature of the site, or some unwritten rule of site usage, that can alleviate this? If so, please let me know and I'll be 100% on the side of roster posting.

Thanks!
-dave

David.......Welcome to the site. ;-D I must confess that I have no idea what you are referencing. :-B
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:24 am

Lofunzo wrote:
davidwv wrote:Perhaps it's my unfamiliarity with the capabilities of the site, but I have a problem with the "automatic" posting of everyone's entire roster. When I do a search for discussions/comments regarding a specific player, I get a lot of "false positive" hits because that player just happens to be on someone's roster and is, therefore, listed in his/her post -- and the main topic of the post has nothing to do with the player I'm interested in.

Is there some feature of the site, or some unwritten rule of site usage, that can alleviate this? If so, please let me know and I'll be 100% on the side of roster posting.

Thanks!
-dave

David.......Welcome to the site. ;-D I must confess that I have no idea what you are referencing. :-B

I think he is saying that he searches for a player looking to find some information on him. But instead he just finds roster questions instead of information. :-? The only thing I can say to help is when your searching select a specific forum(most likely Baseball Leftovers or Injury and updates if your looking for info) If this isn't what your talking about then I'm just as confused as Lo :*)
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby davidwv » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:38 pm

Lofunzo had it correct. In the first post in this thread, suggestion #3 says to include in every post "Your entire roster - Even if it isn't quite applicable to your specific question, it might be indirectly related. For instance, maybe you can make a trade based on who you have on your bench. It won't hurt to include it."

Is there a way to search only on subjects? At least that way you'd mostly eliminate false positives. Of course, you'd also miss may relevant posts with subjects like "Who to trade?" (which I believe was addressed in another suggestion somewhere).

Thanks for the replies!
-dave
davidwv
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:57 pm

Dave.......I think that I finally know what you are talking about. I see 2 search options. 1 based on topic and text and the other based on text. Are you asking if you can just search on topic?? If so, I believe the answer is no but that is a good idea thaat I will mention to Menyak.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:22 pm

This is one of the funnier Sticky's i have read. :-D
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby usclerkguy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:35 pm

How does one put a link to a post that they made? I see them at the bottom of replies, often with help me out and then : http//etc.
I'm not that swift w/ computers yet or is there something on this site that enables links? Sorry if its a dumb question.
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."--Classy Freddie Blassie
usclerkguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:59 am

usclerkguy wrote:How does one put a link to a post that they made? I see them at the bottom of replies, often with help me out and then : http//etc.
I'm not that swift w/ computers yet or is there something on this site that enables links? Sorry if its a dumb question.

If you post something, there should be a URL in your browser. Just copy and paste it into a thread of your choice.
Lofunzo

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:00 am

For instance, this should being you back here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 41#1394341
Lofunzo

Postby BriGuyHyde » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:40 pm

Fidel Castro couldn't have said it better.
BriGuyHyde
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby usclerkguy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:46 pm

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."--Classy Freddie Blassie
usclerkguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions