Congressional Steriod Meeting summary - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Congressional Steriod Meeting summary

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Congressional Steriod Meeting summary

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:44 pm

McGwire cried, refused to say he never did steriods, Palmerio straight denied ever using them

Schilling-"It's not that serious of a problem"
Palmerio-"I didn't do steroids"
McGwire-"I don't want to talk about the past, I'm here to talk about the future/I can't comment on that/I'm not gonna talk about that past"
Sosa-"What they said"
Canceso-"Blah blah blah"

No players named, no questions really answered, no closer to a solution. Just for anyone who missed it ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Congressional Steriod Meeting summary

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:52 pm

curious_george_43545 wrote:McGwire cried, refused to say he never did steriods, Palmerio straight denied ever using them

Schilling-"It's not that serious of a problem"
Palmerio-"I didn't do steroids"
McGwire-"I don't want to talk about the past, I'm here to talk about the future/I can't comment on that/I'm not gonna talk about that past"
Sosa-"What they said"
Canceso-"Blah blah blah"

No players named, no questions really answered, no closer to a solution. Just for anyone who missed it ;-D

I liked when McGwire said: My lawyers won't let me talk then started crying like a baby.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:55 pm

More like:

Schilling: "We should let the present testing program run its course, and I think this program will eliminate steroids." Also, "I've never, in my professional baseball career, seen anybody use steriods. I have had suspicions about maybe 5-10 former teammates."

Palmerio: "I never did steriods, and I've never seen steriod use."

McGwire: "I will not say anything, even if it doesn't concern me. I will say the same thing over and over even when its not related to the question"

Sosa: "I never did steriods"

Canseco: "Steriods is a huge problem, and the current policy will never eliminate it (although he admitted to not knowing what the policy is)."
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pomplona's finest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:13 pm

I think Palmeiro did best, he just popped up there and flat out denied using steroids and essentially called Canseco a liar. Much better testimony than other guys who either ducked questions or denied the problem.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:16 pm

pomplona's finest wrote:I think Palmeiro did best, he just popped up there and flat out denied using steroids and essentially called Canseco a liar. Much better testimony than other guys who either ducked questions or denied the problem.
yep, and Mcgwire defiantly did the worse
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:17 pm

I don't konw if you guys heard him but MR. Serrano.. on the panel, had a great speach about basebal...I'd like to get a transcript...it was the best part of watching this garbage proceeding.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:24 pm

acsguitar wrote:I don't konw if you guys heard him but MR. Serrano.. on the panel, had a great speach about basebal...I'd like to get a transcript...it was the best part of watching this garbage proceeding.

Was that the one saying "we do need to look at the past" and then gave examples of Watergate, Enron etc saying that those people couldn't just say "we don't want to talk about the past" and baseball can't either?

I believe that (the man I'm talking about) was a Rep (R) from Indiana but I could be wrong. That speech though was very strong and was pretty much a direct attack at McGwire.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:37 pm

blankman wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I don't konw if you guys heard him but MR. Serrano.. on the panel, had a great speach about basebal...I'd like to get a transcript...it was the best part of watching this garbage proceeding.

Was that the one saying "we do need to look at the past" and then gave examples of Watergate, Enron etc saying that those people couldn't just say "we don't want to talk about the past" and baseball can't either?

I believe that (the man I'm talking about) was a Rep (R) from Indiana but I could be wrong. That speech though was very strong and was pretty much a direct attack at McGwire.

Nope not that one
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nsulham » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:14 pm

I agree acs, Mr. Serano's speech might have been the best of the day.

Talking about how he has a McGwire rookie card that he'll never sell and will pass on to his son; how he's saddened that the Bash Brothers were broken up in front of everyone; how saddened he is that the players were uncomfortable and that everyone had to be at the stupid meeting. Came across as a genuine baseball fan and I think sounded the most "everyman" of the whole group.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:22 pm

nsulham wrote:I agree acs, Mr. Serano's speech might have been the best of the day.

Talking about how he has a McGwire rookie card that he'll never sell and will pass on to his son; how he's saddened that the Bash Brothers were broken up in front of everyone; how saddened he is that the players were uncomfortable and that everyone had to be at the stupid meeting. Came across as a genuine baseball fan and I think sounded the most "everyman" of the whole group.
;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk