Rumor has Pena going to the Nats.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rumor has Pena going to the Nats..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stumpak » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:46 am

I was thinking that Pena to the Nats would be unlikely until I remembered that Jim Bowden is a complete idiot. This is a guy who gave a fat contract to Castilla, who is completely unable to perform at anything less than a mile high altitude, and Guzman, who is one of the worst hitters in MLB. It would not surprise me in the least if Bowden builds on this debacle by meeting the Red's high price for Pena.

Oh yeah, and I completly forgot about Loaiza.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:44 pm

from rotoworld:
Wily Mo Peña - OF - Reds

The Nationals are monitoring Wily Mo Pena's woeful spring training.
Peña, who should lose his starting job to Austin Kearns, is hitting just .114, with one double in 35 at-bat. The Nationals are still interested, while the Reds have reportedly brought up Zach Day and Livan Hernandez in trade talks. Mar. 18 - 8:03 am et
Source: Washington Post

kind of funny to see them asking for livan as well now. i was looking through a reds board last night, and the posters there kept saying the nats should deal livan and vidro for pena and jimenez, and were very serious about it being a good deal. :-B
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 108)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers