Rumor has Pena going to the Nats.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rumor has Pena going to the Nats..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JTWood » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:39 pm

Every time I read this title, I think it says Nets instead of Nats, and then I'm like, "Why is there a basketball post here?"
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TownDrunk » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:44 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants end up pursuing one of the Reds' young OF's.

They could have used a young OF, capable of playing CF, before Bonds went down. Now that he is out for a while, that only increases that need more IMO.

And they do have the pitching prospects to get something done.

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:06 pm

TownDrunk wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants end up pursuing one of the Reds' young OF's.

They could have used a young OF, capable of playing CF, before Bonds went down. Now that he is out for a while, that only increases that need more IMO.

And they do have the pitching prospects to get something done.

HEY TOWN DRUNK! Nice signiture but I think it would be smart to change it in this forum. Politics is a no-no here.!
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TownDrunk » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:10 pm

If a mod asks me to remove it, then I gladly will.

However, I've had this signature for a long time now, and haven't had any problems.

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby benjapage » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:14 pm

ensanimal wrote:unless the nats can deal away endy (det?) and nick johnson, i would not like this deal. one thing the nats have is too many outfielders already.

welcome to the wonderful world of bowden's OF circus. the man is OBSESSED with OFers. it's a frustrating pattern. you guys will have a bench full of 'em by year's end.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby ensanimal » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:16 pm

benjapage wrote:
ensanimal wrote:unless the nats can deal away endy (det?) and nick johnson, i would not like this deal. one thing the nats have is too many outfielders already.

welcome to the wonderful world of bowden's OF circus. the man is OBSESSED with OFers. it's a frustrating pattern. you guys will have a bench full of 'em by year's end.

b

i know, a bunch of toolsy fast guys, that can't get on base. :-/
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:26 pm

TownDrunk wrote:If a mod asks me to remove it, then I gladly will.

However, I've had this signature for a long time now, and haven't had any problems.

Well...you must be a liberal with a name like TownDrunk.

I find it rather funny how much you really down't know that you dont know!
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Why would the Nats trade for a center fielder? They already have Wilkerson and Endy there. Unless Nick Johnson and Endy is part of the deal, I don't see why they would trade for Wily Mo, despite how awesome his name is.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:40 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Why would the Nats trade for a center fielder? They already have Wilkerson and Endy there. Unless Nick Johnson and Endy is part of the deal, I don't see why they would trade for Wily Mo, despite how awesome his name is.

I don't think the Reds would want another OF or 1B in return.

Imagine if Josh Karp AND Armas start off hot? I wonder if the Reds would take a gamble like that.

I will say this though. Armas finally got his control down when he went down. If healthy, he has a tremendous upside. Would be tempting for any team.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ensanimal » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:57 pm

Yoda wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Why would the Nats trade for a center fielder? They already have Wilkerson and Endy there. Unless Nick Johnson and Endy is part of the deal, I don't see why they would trade for Wily Mo, despite how awesome his name is.

I don't think the Reds would want another OF or 1B in return.

Imagine if Josh Karp AND Armas start off hot? I wonder if the Reds would take a gamble like that.

I will say this though. Armas finally got his control down when he went down. If healthy, he has a tremendous upside. Would be tempting for any team.

well they would definetly need to deal chavez and NJ to make a deal for "another" OF work. i'm hoping they come to there senses and let sledge play in the first place, plus the've got wilk and guillen for the OF. Pena seems to be another guy that can't get on base, and can hit for power though, not what the team needs.

Armas though has looked good from what i've read. may be a good time to deal him. Aren't the mets looking for another sp now? :-?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers