Mota
Tagatsu
Hawkins
Urbina
go_phillies
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MookieNJ » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm

On offense you have a lot of good players, but most of them are speed guys. Dunn and Pujols will provide a lot of homers, and if David Wright continues to develop as quickly as he has so far, he could join them in the 30+ homer club this season. Other than that, I don't see the rest of your guys contributing a lot to home runs and RBI, which could be a problem. Look to move one or two of your speed guys to a team in need of steals to get another slugger or two.

I think your starters will be fine. Starting pitching is usually more unpredictable than hitters, and you should be able to find a few nice waiver wire pickups if you end up needing them, but I would focus your efforts elsewhere for now. Keep a close eye on Mark Prior's arm. I don't trust Dusty Baker with pitchers and there have already been some reports on Prior's health. Mark Prior has been such a 'sexy' name in fantasy baseball the past two years that you may be able to trade him now and get back some great value.

As for your relievers, unless your league is counting holds, you could be in trouble with only 2 closers. Definitely check the waiver wire for any undrafted closers and get rid of your middle relievers as soon as you can find one!

Good luck!
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Par66 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:53 pm

MookieNJ wrote:On offense you have a lot of good players, but most of them are speed guys. Dunn and Pujols will provide a lot of homers, and if David Wright continues to develop as quickly as he has so far, he could join them in the 30+ homer club this season. Other than that, I don't see the rest of your guys contributing a lot to home runs and RBI, which could be a problem. Look to move one or two of your speed guys to a team in need of steals to get another slugger or two.

I think your starters will be fine. Starting pitching is usually more unpredictable than hitters, and you should be able to find a few nice waiver wire pickups if you end up needing them, but I would focus your efforts elsewhere for now. Keep a close eye on Mark Prior's arm. I don't trust Dusty Baker with pitchers and there have already been some reports on Prior's health. Mark Prior has been such a 'sexy' name in fantasy baseball the past two years that you may be able to trade him now and get back some great value.

As for your relievers, unless your league is counting holds, you could be in trouble with only 2 closers. Definitely check the waiver wire for any undrafted closers and get rid of your middle relievers as soon as you can find one!

Good luck!

well said. you give nice reviews dude

maybe Adams is available on your waiver wire? many people don't know about him yet...
Par66
College Coach
College Coach

Postby go_phillies » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:37 pm

Thank you guys ;-D
I've received two trade offers

Durham - Bagwell
Sheets, Durham - Burnett, Carlos Lee

Should I accept any of these?
and which Adams are you talking about? Terry?
is he closing?
go_phillies
T-Ball Trainer

Postby jakeg » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:13 pm

Durham for Bagwell might not be bad, but I would be careful on the other one. Roberts can do a good job at 2B, and you can add Bagwell for some pop in the Util slot. He is an injury concern this year, but Durham is every year, so I don't see how that would hurt.

If Burnett stays healthy, the other offer would be great, but he's consistently managed to hurt himself year after year. With Prior on your team already, I'm not sure if that's a good risk.

The Adams in question is Mike Adams of the Brewers. He's got the inside track on the closer job up there and would be a good replacement for Hawkins or Urbina.

Please check out my team at http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103869
jakeg
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby go_phillies » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:16 pm

after some trades and WW actions

C: V Martinez
1B: Pujols
2B: Durham
3B: Wright
SS: Kazuo
OF: Dunn
OF: Corey
OF: Rowand
Util: Jenkins
BN: Feliz

SP: Pedro Sheets Prior Ja.Wright Penny Sabathia Wolf
RP: Mota Takatsu Borowski Hawkins

any others who can please rate this team?
go_phillies
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team