AJ Pierz... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AJ Pierz...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:00 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:sounds like tabloid rubbish to me. aj has been getting nothing but positive comments since hes started camp with the sox.

AJ is a straight up jerk, so expect that to change. One must wonder why him and Bonds really never hit it off together, because they have such similar personalities... :-b
In seriousness, I really like AJ this year. Balls fly out of the Cell, and he was already one of the best RBI catchers. He should hit plenty of HR and RBI in the Cell.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:02 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:sounds like tabloid rubbish to me. aj has been getting nothing but positive comments since hes started camp with the sox.

AJ is a straight up jerk, so expect that to change. One must wonder why him and Bonds really never hit it off together, because they have such similar personalities... :-b
In seriousness, I really like AJ this year. Balls fly out of the Cell, and he was already one of the best RBI catchers. He should hit plenty of HR and RBI in the Cell.

But what if he's traded, especially for those of us in an AL-only league?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:09 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

I can't really tell that. Of course its a risk and a possibility, but its sort of hard to predict if he will actually be traded. If you are worried, wait for some production, then trade him for a better catcher, and then hope he gets traded to the NL, and then laugh.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:20 pm

Who is the backup C for the White Sox? Basically - is AJ expendable?

I havent heard anything about a trade rumo, and I do have him as a late rd target - 20HRs hitting in that park should be expected.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:24 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Who is the backup C for the White Sox? Basically - is AJ expendable?

I havent heard anything about a trade rumo, and I do have him as a late rd target - 20HRs hitting in that park should be expected.

Ben Davis...who played well last year after the trade from Seattle. Unless something has changed anyways...I didn't look it up.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Soxcess11 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:27 pm

AJ isn't going anywhere
Soxcess11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mwb743s » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:02 pm

I sucked it up and signed up. And this is the only thing that was said in the entire article about it.

"Word in Chicago is that the White Sox are having second thoughts about their acquisition of ex-Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski, and might try to trade him soon."

THATS IT, talk about false advertisement!! Everything else was about just random sports crap that meant nothing. Good thing I signed up with my extremely old email address.
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:22 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:He is the one guy I have been targeting in the last rounds of my drafts. Excellent late round choice at catcher. Put it this way, this year I see this from him.

75 Runs 12 HR 85 RBI's .300 avg in close to 500 AB's.

Top 5 in Runs, RBI's and Avg. and Top 10 in HR's. Similar value to guys like Posada but going way, way lower.

I also see AJ as due for a bounce-back this year, and I've been targeting him as well. But the projected lineups I've seen have him batting seventh or eighth in the lineup, which makes me skeptical that he'll get quite the run and RBI numbers that you've predicted. I think it might be more reasonable to expect something like:

60 R, 14 HR, 75 RBI, .300 avg
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby yellowdog » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:45 pm

use http://www.bugmenot.com and you won't have to sign up for those thigns.
"It's like a full-body dry-heave set to music"
yellowdog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:49 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

Then keep AJ on your team and hope that he goes to another hitter friendly park. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers