Bonds #1 in OBP leagues? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds #1 in OBP leagues?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:13 pm

my numbers come up with bonds my a mile, with over half his value attributed to OBA alone, Pujols and Arod interchangeable after that.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:51 pm

Bonds... And it's not close.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby billsfootball02 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:18 pm

I know that if Bonds plays the whole season its not even close, but with the announcement today that he's had another knee surgery it looks like he may miss a signfigant amount of time. Its probably too early to guess when he'll be back, but if it is 4-6 weeks does he still go number 1 in OBP leagues?

If he isn't number one anymore who is? Beltran, Abreau, Pujols, and Arod all seem to have approximately equivalent values.
billsfootball02
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Carey Saders » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:21 pm

What's scary is there's a guy in my keeper league that has Bonds, Abreu, Helton and Chavez. We count AVG and BB which is in effect OBP.
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby billsfootball02 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:23 pm

BTW quietstorm, what are your projections for Abreu thats making him the clear 2nd choice? I have him around 30/100/110 with 30 steals and an obp of .410.
billsfootball02
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:24 pm

billsfootball02 wrote:I know that if Bonds plays the whole season its not even close, but with the announcement today that he's had another knee surgery it looks like he may miss a signfigant amount of time. Its probably too early to guess when he'll be back, but if it is 4-6 weeks does he still go number 1 in OBP leagues?

If he isn't number one anymore who is? Beltran, Abreau, Pujols, and Arod all seem to have approximately equivalent values.

Hard to say. Keep in mind that it's March 17th, and 4 weeks puts you 2 weeks into the season. That's not that much time. No one knows at this point though, but you should assume he wll miss at least a weak or two. He's a risk now, but probably one that is still worth taking. I just traded for him last week, so pardon me while I go cry.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby brandnew » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:22 am

Abreu should get another 40 steals this year, if you go by those quotes about Rollins..
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby agchris02 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:02 am

not anymore, maybe he'll be out all year and the records will stay safe :)
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nikku88 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:09 am

With Bonds' latest surgery, it makes things even more difficult.
I have a draft coming up. We use BB, so Bonds is easily number 1, but I am way too afraid to take him now.
I hope he falls late 2nd or 3rd, but I doubt it.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby billsfootball02 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:29 pm

Even with the injury I dont see Bonds falling to the late 2nd in leagues that count OBP/walks. Right now I'm still considering taking him #1, if only because there is no other player that jumps out at me. If Abreu can match last season's numbers he is the clear 2nd choice but I'm worried about a drop off. The last time he approached 30 hrs and 40 steals (2001) he dropped off signifigantly the next year, going back to being a 20/20 player - not bad but not first overall material.
billsfootball02
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers