Robert Blake NOT GUILTY! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Robert Blake NOT GUILTY!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:56 am

The jury voted 11-1 in favor of acquittal

The jury of seven men and five women delivered the verdicts on its ninth day of deliberations,

11-1 and took 9 days of deliberations? With it being that lopsided, I'm surprised they didn't come back quicker. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:09 am

kingctb27 wrote:I continue to be frustrated with these guys getting off with no time... ;-7

Agreed. There was probably just as much proof here as in the Peterson trial and 1 gets the death penalty and the other walks. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby LBJackal » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:07 am

Lofunzo wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:I continue to be frustrated with these guys getting off with no time... ;-7

Agreed. There was probably just as much proof here as in the Peterson trial and 1 gets the death penalty and the other walks. :-°

I guess everybody hated Peterson from the start, and Blake was never really portrayed as a "bad guy". And it ended up being the death of Peterson, literally. Personally, I didn't see all that much compelling evidence against Peterson, but I didn't watch any of the trial or anything, just read a few things on the internet. From what I read, it seems as though it was mostly circumstancial evidence used against him. There was probably more evidence on him than I heard about, but still... once the media gives him that image and uses all thsoe nasty adjectives to describe him, no matter what he does or did he's ruined for life (although apparently that won't be long anyway).

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pacman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:05 am

I happened to flick by CNN last night during Larry King, and he had two Robert Blake jurors on live. One of them, a nervous 30-something male with a ponytail, was asked a question about the verdict by King, and instead of answering the question, he held up a cheesey CD case and announced that he was selling his daily tape-recorded diary of his thoughts during jury deliberations -- and gave the Web address where it was for sale. :-[ It was pathetic, and the lawyers/commentators that were also on the panel spent the next few minutes RIPPING this juror for obviously planning and implimenting a profit-making scheme during the trial.

What does this mean? Maybe nothing, but one might see this and wonder if this jury as a whole conducted itself properly, or whether some of the members allowed a murderer to walk free because of the potential to profit from a national controversy.

Just a thought...
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby JRM4833 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:29 am

:-t :-t :-t

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:01 pm

JRM4833 wrote::-t :-t :-t

agreed
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:45 pm

LBJackal wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

I guess everybody hated Peterson from the start, and Blake was never really portrayed as a "bad guy". And it ended up being the death of Peterson, literally. Personally, I didn't see all that much compelling evidence against Peterson, but I didn't watch any of the trial or anything, just read a few things on the internet. From what I read, it seems as though it was mostly circumstancial evidence used against him. There was probably more evidence on him than I heard about, but still... once the media gives him that image and uses all thsoe nasty adjectives to describe him, no matter what he does or did he's ruined for life (although apparently that won't be long anyway).

I didn't follow it that closely but I did keep an eye on it. I am for the death penalty when there is no doubt but I have a hard time believing that the evidence was infallible. I was very surprised to hear that he was sentenced to die.

I am very disappointed in this for the children of America, though. How are they supposed to ever learn a lesson with all of these contradictions?? The O.J. trial taught us that if you kill someone and then try to flee with a ton of $$ and a passport, you will get off. Then, this trial happens and he tries to flee with a bunch of $$ and a passport and he gets the death penalty. This is really gonna confuse the kids. ;-7
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:49 pm

My Girlfriend sent me this info:

"Robert Blake was found not guilty of killing his wife. That jury must be a bunch of tards- here's a quote from msnbc: 'Blake told authorities that he walked his wife to the car after dinner, then discovered he had left his gun back in the booth at Vitello's Restaurant. He went back to get it, then returned to the car and found his wife shot, he said.'

Don't know where it came from but thought it was funny
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:43 pm

acsguitar wrote:My Girlfriend sent me this info:

"Robert Blake was found not guilty of killing his wife. That jury must be a bunch of tards- here's a quote from msnbc: 'Blake told authorities that he walked his wife to the car after dinner, then discovered he had left his gun back in the booth at Vitello's Restaurant. He went back to get it, then returned to the car and found his wife shot, he said.'

Don't know where it came from but thought it was funny

You lost me at my girlfriend. :-D
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk