OPEN SEASON ON MY TEAM....... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

OPEN SEASON ON MY TEAM.......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

OPEN SEASON ON MY TEAM.......

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:42 pm

Feel free to critique it. I really like this team in a 5X5 H2H league. We keep 5 after this season. I usually like to keep more pitchers on my bench in H2H but being able to get my bench hitters at or after the 20th round was too much to pass over. Without further delay.......

C - V. Martinez
1B - D. Lee
2B - A. Soriano
3B - A. Boone
SS - O. Cabrera
OF - M. Cabrera
OF - C. Crawford
OF - H. Matsui
UT - L. Berkman

SP - Ol. Perez
SP - J. Beckett
RP - G. Mota
RP - B. Looper
P - J. Affeldt
P - M. Gonzalez
P - S. Linebrink

BN - J. Pineiro
BN - Od. Perez
BN - L. Castillo
BN - L. Walker
BN - B. Penny
BN - G. Jenkins
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby firstclassfastball » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:52 pm

Your starting pitching needs some serious help, Oliver Perez and Beckette arent gonna do it all for you. You could use some help in RP pitching too, your outfield looks good, i like your outfield the most. your infield is a little weak besides Soriano. Depends how many teams are in this league , hopefully at least 12
firstclassfastball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:54 pm

firstclassfastball wrote:Your starting pitching needs some serious help, Oliver Perez and Beckette arent gonna do it all for you. You could use some help in RP pitching too, your outfield looks good, i like your outfield the most. your infield is a little weak besides Soriano. Depends how many teams are in this league , hopefully at least 12

I'll buy the SP thing and possibly the IF but you don't like my RP?? I have 3 closers, which should be plenty in a H2H league. I also supplemented my SP by building a top SP with the Gonzalez/Linebrink combo.

Thanks for the comments. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Bricklayer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:05 pm

I agree that SP is the weak spot. RP looks fine to me and I don't thin the IF is that bad. Excellent OF... How many teams?
Bricklayer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:54 pm

Bricklayer wrote:I agree that SP is the weak spot. RP looks fine to me and I don't thin the IF is that bad. Excellent OF... How many teams?

Sorry. 12 teams.
Lofunzo

Postby Par66 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:32 pm

a little risky with Boone at 3B but otherwise hitters are solid.

i like your pitching and Gonzalez/Linebrink should work nicely... but you could use one more big gun there. I'd try to package Odalis and Joel for something if you can...
Par66
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KULCAT » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:51 pm

i think your SP´s are fine. Both Perez and Becket will do better this season i believe and so will Odalis who i think will post last year numbers but with 17 wins and i like the 3 closers. Power numbers great and so are steals but with Boone there i see AVG as a problem

Lo answer my post if you can, its right on this thread
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby philcore » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:32 pm

except for boone i love this team. although i would ditch the offensive bench guys and grab another starter or 2. castillo and/or jenkins can go. out of all the 3b you got boone?
philcore
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:18 pm

Any other thoughts here?? :-B
Lofunzo

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:46 pm

i dont like this team as much as the other one, even though your pitching is better in this one, your offense fell off big time.... you will still be competitive especially when berkman comes back but i dont think u will dominate any of the offensive cats except maybe steals like you will in the other league..... you need to hope that soriano goes back to 2003 numbers along with ocab and boone as well ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team