I faced this guy in High School; Who have you faced. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I faced this guy in High School; Who have you faced.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:29 am

raiders_umpire wrote:faced Jerry Stackhouse in every sport in little league... he would own me on the basketball court(as my team only beat his once in 6 years) but in baseball it was payback time for me to get him.....

Thats pretty fricking cool..... ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:57 am

Faced Ben Gordon in basketball, that was a highlight. Everyone knew he'd be great. He did a reverse jam on an alley-oop inbounds pass from the under the basket over my head. Umpired one of Danny Almonte's games the year he was allegedly 12, he was playing in the outfield not pitching that day. Played with Aaron Williams in basketball, he just hit the game winning shot for Delaware State to put them in the tourney over Hampton soon to be crushed by Duke.

One kid who you'll be hearing about is Geoffrey McDermott. I coached him in little league, he played with my brother.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:12 am

Nobody real big, but these are some football/baseball players who I played with or against:

Lydell Ross - RB - Ohio St.
J.R. Russell - WR - Louisville
Adrian McPherson - QB - the former QB of FSU before he was kicked off the team
Elijah Dukes - played both foootball and baseball, but has picked baseball and now is a Rays prospect
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:34 am

hybrid wrote:Nobody real big, but these are some football/baseball players who I played with or against:

Lydell Ross - RB - Ohio St.
J.R. Russell - WR - Louisville
Adrian McPherson - QB - the former QB of FSU before he was kicked off the team
Elijah Dukes - played both foootball and baseball, but has picked baseball and now is a Rays prospect

Wow he was in the Lord of the Rings!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pablo975 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:46 am

I played with and against Eddie Pearson who I know last played for Birmingham in AA ball. Played against quite a few future minor league busts come to think of it. Chris Trammel, Pete Della Ratta, Clark Girardeau, and a few others. Anyone ever see any of these guys? I think AA would be furthest any of them made it.

I got a hit off Wally Joyner in a charity game which features Mark Harmon, Padres GM Kevin Towers, Frank Marshall (Producer of the Indiana Jones flicks), and a bunch of thier college buddies.

Joyner, while never a pitcher in his MLB career, was throwing down on our sorry ass media team. I got lucky and drilled one back up the middle. Got doubled up at 2nd by the next batter. Joyner, Harmon, Towers, and crew are all very nice, laid back guys.
Got a hit off Towers a couple years ago too.

And played with Shawn Alexander and Chris Samuels of the NFL in a charity softball game. Both good guys.

Since it was charity, we only got 1 or 2 AB per game. All told, I think my career charity game stats are 3 for 9, with 1 run scored, and 2 RBI, and 1 walk. Won MVP of the game though for my glovework and my old ass bleeding all over the field!
Last edited by Pablo975 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:47 am

Pablo975 wrote:I played with and against Eddie Pearson who I THINK last played for Birmingham in AA ball.

I got a hit off Wally Joyner in a charity game which features Mark Harmon, Padres GM Kevin Towers, Frank Marshall (Producer of the Indiana Jones flicks), and a bunch of thier college buddies.

Joyner, while never a pitcher in his MLB career, was throwing down on our sorry ass media team. I got lucky and drilled one back up the middle. Got doubled up at 2nd by the next batter. Joyner, Harmon, Towers, and crew are all very nice, laid back guys.

And played with Shawn Alexander and Chris Samuels of the NFL in a charity softball game. Both good guys.

Since it was charity, we only got 1 or 2 AB per game. All told, I think my career charity game stats are 3 for 9, with 1 run scored, and 2 RBI, and 1 walk. Won MVP of the game though for my glovework and my old ass bleeding all over the field!

How do you get invited to all these charity games!!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby GEBaseball3 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:49 am

Pablo975 wrote:I played with and against Eddie Pearson who I know last played for Birmingham in AA ball. Played against quite a few future minor league busts come to think of it. Chris Trammel, Pete Della Ratta, Clark Girardeau, and a few others. Anyone ever see any of these guys? I think AA would be furthest any of them made it.

Big Eddie is playing with the Kansas City T-Bones of the Independent league, i believe he won the league MVP last year or the year before.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
-Archie Griffen, two-time Heisman winner
GEBaseball3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pablo975 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:51 am

I worked/still sort of work in the media here in lovely Mobile, AL., a baseball haven and home of the Padres AA team, the Mobile Baybears.

I also worked for the team as PA announcer/occasional guest radio commentator a bit.

The local team was always we media folk (radio, tv, newspaper, and local politician types as they are media whores) along with the front office staff of the team. I always caught for the GM of the Baybears. Kind of a Maddux/Bako thing.

Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:53 am

Pablo975 wrote:I worked/still sort of work in the media here in lovely Mobile, AL., a baseball haven and home of the Padres AA team, the Mobile Baybears.

I also worked for the team as PA announcer/occasional guest radio commentator a bit.

The local team was always we media folk (radio, tv, newspaper, and local politician types as they are media whores) along with the front office staff of the team. I always caught for the GM of the Baybears. Kind of a Maddux/Bako thing.

Nice I was a media Comm major but now work in IT..
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pablo975 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:02 pm

Smart choice. Radio and TV sucks. Not nearly as cool as it once was. Very corporate now.

Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk