I faced this guy in High School; Who have you faced. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I faced this guy in High School; Who have you faced.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I faced this guy in High School; Who have you faced.

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Pretty cool I'm listening to Angels Vs. Rockies on MLB Radio..

This kid Joe Saunders is pitching... I was like hey I know a Joe Saunders that I faced in High School.. Turns out it was him!

He 2 hit our team in Legion Ball One year.. I got a hit and so did this kid Evan.... I remember he jammed me on an inside pitch but I hit it back up the middle...

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/NASApp ... _id=434578

Thats him... Also, I've faced Seth McClung... 0-4 against him with 2 k's... He threw 95 in HS..And our school went to play him in WVA....

Saunders I did pretty well against he was a South Paw and threw 92 with good movement but I didn't have a problem with fast balls at all... Cool to see him in the pros.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:45 pm

faced Brien Taylor, the former first pick in the draft by the yanks that screwed himself up in a fight so he could not pitch anymore, in a 15 and under state tournament ...he was 15 and i was the youngest player on the team at 13.... went 2 for 4 against him that day... he was as awesome then throwing in the 80's as he was in high school with his 97 mph fastball......... it was funny back then cause he was so dominant that after the games the umps and league officials all asked for his autograph.....

faced Jerry Stackhouse in every sport in little league... he would own me on the basketball court(as my team only beat his once in 6 years) but in baseball it was payback time for me to get him.....

also played with and against Jason Roach in little league all the way through high school... he pitched 2 games for the Mets in 2003, and is now with the devil rays organization.........
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:25 pm

I missed playing against Pujols by a season but did get the chance to see him play a few times destroying my high school team. Played against Ty Lue and JaRon Rush in basketball.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Pedantic » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:39 pm

I have never played organized baseball. ;-7
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Pacman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:49 pm

When I was in the Navy, on shore duty and living in the SF Bay area, I had a friend who was friends with Gregg Jefferies.

The three of us worked out together at a gym a few times. Never played ball with him though. This was just before his rookie year. Good enough guy. Kinda quiet.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:58 pm

Pacman wrote:When I was in the Navy, on shore duty and living in the SF Bay area, I had a friend who was friends with Gregg Jefferies.

The three of us worked out together at a gym a few times. Never played ball with him though. This was just before his rookie year. Good enough guy. Kinda quiet.

I hope you guys didn't inject each other in the buttocks in a closet!
j/k
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RyanK » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:59 pm

well im still in high school but my team has two really really good pitchers, one a senior, one a junior. Both have been invited to be looked at by pro teams, I know the mets, pirates and red soxs looked at both of them.
They both throw 90s easily, one has 4 strong, and i mean strong pitches. the other is a harder thrower who is also nasty at basketball, seems to have injurys though...

I use to be the second best pitcher in my grade.. then i tore my rotator cuff and took up golf cause i couldnt hit
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Pacman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:01 pm

acsguitar wrote:I hope you guys didn't inject each other in the buttocks in a closet!
j/k

Don't be silly..... we didn't inject each other in the buttocks in a closet....

We were in a bathroom stall.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TBallgame » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:58 pm

not baseball, but in basketball, I faced Brian Wardle, he was Mr. Basketball of Illinois and a star at Marquette (My Alma Mater)
"I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated." Al McGuire
TBallgame
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BGbootha » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:05 am

not baseball, but I sacked Brock Huard in High school
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Next