Rickie Weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Rickie Weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rickie Weeks

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:45 pm

What's the deal with him? Is he really all that? He's on the board in my auction league and I'm wondering what to bid up to. I came into the league late so I don't have much of a team and am building for next year by trying to get some youth and some draft picks for players. Weeks' auction is up to $6 and I don't know if it's worth it to go higher. I have a bit of cash left to work with this year and could then give him a contract for up to 4 years ($ amount increasing by $1 each year) which would end up being pretty cheap if he becomes a top 10 2B. Anybody have the down low on Rickie? Thanks.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:58 pm

Potential top-10 2B due to his power/speed combination and great bat, he just had trouble all through last year at AA. He was potentially going to be the starting 2B this year, but his bad performance at Huntsville prevented that.

Anyway, he came back strong in the AFL this fall and would've won the batting title had he had enough ABs to qualify. I think he'll come around and bounce back this season. He has the toolset to do so.

I think highly of him, of course, since I hurriedly scooped him up in our league. ;-D
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:01 pm

warrick95 wrote:Potential top-10 2B due to his power/speed combination and great bat, he just had trouble all through last year at AA. He was potentially going to be the starting 2B this year, but his bad performance at Huntsville prevented that.

Anyway, he came back strong in the AFL this fall and would've won the batting title had he had enough ABs to qualify. I think he'll come around and bounce back this season. He has the toolset to do so.

I think highly of him, of course, since I hurriedly scooped him up in our league. ;-D

Ok thanks. I'll likely go a bit higher on him ... $7 being the next bid. I like him too but am just lately starting to really follow the minor leagues. I wanted to make sure it wasn't simply hype.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby hybrid » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:46 pm

Just going to add to some of what warrick said. Last year was his first full year in the minors and the Brewers pushed him by starting him in AA, most would start in A ball. Also he was hurt a good majority of last year, though he decided to play through it. His make up is very very good, which is why I have no problem seeing Weeks bounce back after having a down year (as he showed in the AFL). Another thing most people don't know is that he has changed his approach at the plate after his AA year and before he played in the AFL, and as you can see there was a big difference if yo look at those stats. The problem was he has such a quick bat he would get in front of pitches to much, to get a better timing down he now does what Sheffield is known for. Yep, he moves it back and forth, since he has changed this he has done nothing but hit in the AFL and now in ST. The kid has great upside and the work ethic to make him more of a sure thing then most.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Minor League & College Baseball