Hanley Ramirez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Hanley Ramirez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hanley Ramirez

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:05 am

I guess I'm the last guy who should be asking for advice on him since I'm a diehard Sox fan but before I pull the trigger on a trade I wanted to get an outside opinion. I'm working on a trade that involves each team sending off a major leaguer and a minor leaguer. The major leaguers are not the focus of the trade for me and are late round backups. I am slightly losing that end of the deal but think I am willing to live with it if I am winning the minor leaguer end as I think I am. I am sending Ian Kinsler (my 3rd round minor league choice in a 14 team league) for his Hanley Ramirez (1st round).

Most sources I've seen have Hanley above Kinsler but I just saw recently that Baseball Prospectus ranks Kinsler higher. I know how much hype there has been regarding Hanley here in Boston and there are talks of moving him to 2B or CF. Everyone who watches him play comes away thinking he will be a "special" player. Any opinions? Thanks.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby io » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:20 pm

it all depends on what you think of Kinsler's 04 season.. alot are skeptical of a fluke, but i think it was 100% legit and i'd rather have him over Hanley .. but i think both are really good, you cant go wrong with either one

theres also talks of Kinsler moving to 2nd, or vice versa. you can never tell what a team might do with a young player so you cant really worry about that too much anyway
io
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:26 pm

Thanks for the response. I hear alot more about Hanley being from Boston and know everyone thinks he's the real deal. I also know Kinsler hasn't exactly proven himself as much yet so I'm skeptical on him. Most sources I've seen didn't have Kinsler ahead of Hanley and didn't know why they had it that way. Basically the trade is sending Angel Berroa along with Kinsler for Glavine and Hanley. But I'm really high on Hanley which is why I want him. As it is I already have Upton signed for 5 years but think Hanley will move to 2nd. What do you think of this deal?

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby warrick95 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:58 pm

Do it. Hanley has the raw skillset to potentially be great. I'm not sold on Kinsler. It could very well have been a fluke season.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:28 pm

i would do the deal... i love hanley but kinsler has to prove to me one more year before i put him on hanleys level.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Minor League & College Baseball