Question for Red Sox fans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Boston Red Sox

Question for Red Sox fans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question for Red Sox fans

Postby pf21581 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:46 am

Hey Red Sox fans,

Congrats on the WS championship. It was a long time coming. anyways i'm a fan of the game and I was curious to see which players meant the most the Red Sox fans.

My question is out of Schilling, Damon, Varitek or Ramirez which player would you have the least problem in seeing leave the Red Sox for the Yankees? and which player would you have the biggest problem seeing leave the Red Sox for the Yankees? i would have thrown Pedro in the list if he hadn't left already, also if there is a player i didn't mention on the list that you feel strongly about one way or the other I'd like to know. Anyways just curious to see which players mean the most to Red Sox fans.

Good luck this year.
pf21581 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Question for Red Sox fans

Postby Pacman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:42 am

pf21581 wrote:Hey Red Sox fans,

Congrats on the WS championship. It was a long time coming. anyways i'm a fan of the game and I was curious to see which players meant the most the Red Sox fans.

My question is out of Schilling, Damon, Varitek or Ramirez which player would you have the least problem in seeing leave the Red Sox for the Yankees? and which player would you have the biggest problem seeing leave the Red Sox for the Yankees? i would have thrown Pedro in the list if he hadn't left already, also if there is a player i didn't mention on the list that you feel strongly about one way or the other I'd like to know. Anyways just curious to see which players mean the most to Red Sox fans.

Good luck this year.

I'd answer that I'd want none of them to leave and join the Yankees, obviously. Now, of the players you mentioned, all but one are locked up in long, expensive contracts, so there's no way any of them are getting near free agency any time soon. The exception is Damon, who is a free agent after this year. With Bernie Williams getting on in years, I could see the Yanks making a run at him after this season. I'd hope Damon would not go to the Yanks, but if he did, I'd wish him luck and always remember the HUGE role he played in the 04 World Championship. His grand slam off Vazquez in ALCS Gm 7 broke the Yankees' backs. That was essentially the end of the line for the Yankees, making a 2-0 game a 6-0 game. A couple of innings later, he hit another HR off Vazquez that gave the Sox 8 runs.

I'll always love Damon, as I will every OTHER member of the 04 Sox, including Cabrera, Kapler, Lowe, Pedro, Minkey, and everyone else who contributed to the Championship, but has since moved on.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:54 am

out of htose prolly jvtek cause hes been with us most of his major league carreer
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby StopCallingMe » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:36 pm

I would feel the least for Damon if he moved to yanks. The other guys are crucial to our success. Damon is still a huge part but the others are far more valuable. Also, you forgot Ortiz. hes probably my favorite and if he went to the yanks I'd scream.
StopCallingMe
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Question for Red Sox fans

Postby slacker525600 » Mon May 02, 2005 11:27 pm

pf21581 wrote:Hey Red Sox fans,

My question is out of Schilling, Damon, Varitek or Ramirez which player would you have the least problem in seeing leave the Red Sox for the Yankees? and which player would you have the biggest problem seeing leave the Red Sox for the Yankees?

Good luck this year.

of course if it were up to me none of them would leave. I love them all ...

but I care the most about varitek. team captain and virtually the heart of the team. you can see how the team is doing on his face every day. and when they arent doing well you know it because of him but at the same time he is always inspiring others to do well. it wouldnt be the same without him out there

I would say that ramirez and damon would be my picks for least problem if they left.

every time that I see ramirez I cant help but think that he was a yankees fan when he was a kid. but I still love him because he has realized the error of his ways. but with a speckled past like that. my heart can never fully be with him.
but damon isnt as good and he isnt as key as vtek to the heart of the team. so its hard to say I would rather lose manny then damon
slacker525600
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ARap » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:32 pm

damon said he would retire before playing for the yanks
ARap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby slacker525600 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:39 am

ARap wrote:damon said he would retire before playing for the yanks

I vaguely remember roger clemens saying a lot of stuff along those lines a long time ago... and then he said it about other places that I prefer not to mention.
slacker525600
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Matthias » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:15 pm

'tek would hurt the most since he's been with the sox for so long and after him damon just because johnny's embraced the red sox culture so well. he has fun with it and never seems upset by well... anything, really.

manny... ahhh manny.... when theo put him on irrevocable waivers, i kept refreshing espn to see if king george had bit on the bait and gobbled up the contract, paving the way for the other moves. i hear that manny can be quite a sweet kind of guy, but most of the time i'm not sure if he knows where he is much less who he plays for so i'd have the least problem seeing him play in pinstripes.

and there's some players that i'd hate to see play for the yankees before schill... wakefield at the top of the list. again... long-term player, and as my buddy points out, has played every pitching role for the red sox at some point or another.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:16 pm

slacker525600 wrote:
ARap wrote:damon said he would retire before playing for the yanks

I vaguely remember roger clemens saying a lot of stuff along those lines a long time ago... and then he said it about other places that I prefer not to mention.

yah, but how much credence can you put in a guy who names all his kids with names beginning in K? great pitcher, but seriously, the man is an idiot.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Boston Red Sox