Rate my Team: 12 roto. (will rate yours) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my Team: 12 roto. (will rate yours)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jpbusta » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:36 pm

I've been trying to trade away borowski and batista but noone wants them. Should I trade away Rivera for a top notch SP or 3B and use the scruby closers?
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:36 pm

i love your outfield, RP , and SP..... your infield has 2 problem areas and catcher is not one of them,,,i actually like lieberthal for this year.... i would be hesitant to be relying on 2 rookies such as mcpherson and iguchi..... i would try to package mcpherson with radke to get a improvement at 3b... other than that very nice team....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby captinii » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:58 pm

yes, you definately have to do something about your catcher, inge, as many have said would be a good update for you there. i worry for you about 2b and 3b. i highly doubt that both iguchi and mcpherson will start everyday and in a roto league you need somebody their to play everyday. your pitching is pretty solid though i must say. so try to update your 2b 3b somehow, maybe try to get david wright somehow, hes still questionable but youll probably get him everyday. 2b is really hard though. you might just have to work with iguchi. good luck!!!

please rate my team
captinii
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mwb743s » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:27 pm

I agree with the consensus, SP, RP and OF are solid. If you can get and upgrade at 3B(easier than 2B) you should be solid with one infield flaw. I like the Radke combo with McPherson, unless you can get someone to bite on the Iguchi hype?!? Also Halladay worries me a little so if you can get someone to overvalue him I would throw some trades out there for a more stable pitcher on a better team.
Remember "I" before "E", except in Budweiser
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby Homer525 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:09 pm

Thanks for lookin at mine.....
definitely a solid all around team....2 awesome closers, but the other 3 are ? at best. I think your SP is good, but not great...if halladay can regain his old form and burnett can stay healthy all year, then it could turn into a great staff. A lot of IF's...but thats the fun part of fantasy....you never know. Good luck!!
Homer525
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:29 pm

I agree with pretty much everyone, you need to upgrade C, 3B, and 2B but otherwise it's a nice team espically with Hallday and Burnett and Ollie
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:01 pm

Your Starting pitchers are nasty. I think you'll be able to trade atleast one of them for a huge stud at 2b or 3b during the season.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:07 am

I like your team alot...especially your SP's. The only the thing that bothers me is the 3B situation..I would try and deal one of your closers for maybe an upgrade at third base because most likely Mcpherson will start in Triple A because of his back problems. Other then that it looks good. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:13 am

I like the team except for 2B and 3B. Liberthal is a very underrated catcher IMO, I wouldn't worry about that too much until you take care of those other two needs personally. You could stand to lose some pitching, so I'd maybe try to get a decent 2B and maybe a throw in 3B if you could pull off something like that. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:35 am

yeah, you have a nice solid offense... the infield doesnt blow me away, with iguchi technically being an unknown (.280/15/65/15? thats my guress)... tho ortiz at 1st is a ncie touch. many people seem to think dallas macpherson is a bust-in-waiting, wiht an astonishingly high K rate that seems to keep growing... but others think he's got a 25+ HR pedigree. he's another big ?

the outfield is quote solid and will serve you well.

i like your starting pitching depth, while rihgt now i look at it and think it'll be good, if not great, the potential for upside to greatness is there, so thats right where you wanna be as the season starts: if you're not great, you at least want to be good and know that it wouldnt exactly be the upset of the century if your pitching staff evolved into being one of the best.

by and large, i'd stick with what you have and try to broker moves as the season progresses... you dont necessarily need the #1 sh*tkicker team coming out of the gate, but i think you have enough depth, espeically at SP, to wing trades as the season goes on.

you might need to replace iguchi and.or macpherson too, but your OF and 1B should cover the power if those two start schlepping.

all in all, i'd tweak the team out here and there, but i'd be comfortable going into the beginning of trhe season with that. if the offer you can't refuse shows up, or if you can perform the golden fleece on somebody (say, macpherson plus a SP and then maybe another RP for aramis ramirez, for example) then go with it.

but dont sweat any major facelifts at this juncture, your team is solid and should proviide a solid foundation for you to build a competitive team that will be in the pennant hunt come august and september.

plz check out my thread @ http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=104187

hasta

# j1m
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team