H. Street? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

H. Street?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H. Street?

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:21 am

OK, anyone have any idea why he is up to 88.3% ownership in ESPN Leagues. I miss something here or is this a collective ESPN insanity?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:26 am

The latter.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby asumikey222 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:36 am

Dotel had a rough outing and the closer-loving morons at ESPN think Street will take over the position. Give me a break. This is my first year in ESPN leagues w/ a friend and these people are absolute imbeciles when it comes to closers.
asumikey222
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hawgvike » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:12 am

asumikey222 wrote:Dotel had a rough outing and the closer-loving morons at ESPN think Street will take over the position. Give me a break. This is my first year in ESPN leagues w/ a friend and these people are absolute imbeciles when it comes to closers.

yeah, i guess people like you don't anticipate trades of the sort that dotel might be gone to somewhere like, hmm i dont know, maybe chicago. yes it will happen soon, and street, the BEST RELIEVER PROSPECT IN ALL OF BASEBALL, will take over as closer in oaktown. this guy will be another gagne/rivera...your ignorance of street's potential is pretty amusing. considering the fact that he actually allowed his first baserunner today in 14 innings speaks volumes of how much talent this guy has. read a history book on the life of huston street, after that, come back to this thread and tell me what you think. here, let me help you out--

http://www.insidebayarea.com/athletics/ci_2606866

Street's been prepared for this his entire life, don't speak on subjects you are simply too ignorant to speak of.
hawgvike
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RynMan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:36 am

hawgvike wrote:
asumikey222 wrote:Dotel had a rough outing and the closer-loving morons at ESPN think Street will take over the position. Give me a break. This is my first year in ESPN leagues w/ a friend and these people are absolute imbeciles when it comes to closers.

yeah, i guess people like you don't anticipate trades of the sort that dotel might be gone to somewhere like, hmm i dont know, maybe chicago. yes it will happen soon, and street, the BEST RELIEVER PROSPECT IN ALL OF BASEBALL, will take over as closer in oaktown. this guy will be another gagne/rivera...your ignorance of street's potential is pretty amusing. considering the fact that he actually allowed his first baserunner today in 14 innings speaks volumes of how much talent this guy has. read a history book on the life of huston street, after that, come back to this thread and tell me what you think. here, let me help you out--

http://www.insidebayarea.com/athletics/ci_2606866

Street's been prepared for this his entire life, don't speak on subjects you are simply too ignorant to speak of.

Dude, chill. Im a huge A's fan but you are saying way too much about Street way too early. Considering Street hasnt thrown ONE PITCH in the majors, and you are already saying he will be the A's closer this year. You are kidding yourself. Considering the only reason he WON'T be in triple A this year is because Chad Bradford is getting back surgery, I think to say he will be the closer is ignorant. If by saying sometime soon you mean next year or the one after, possibly. But to start the season no way. At the deadline, possibly.

And seriously, you cannot bring up spring training stats....that really is no basis for an argument. Jolbert Cabrera was amongst the league leaders last year in spring training for HR's. Come on now.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby brandnew » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:42 am

Street comparisons to Gagne? :-P
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:45 am

hawgvike wrote:Street's been prepared for this his entire life, don't speak on subjects you are simply too ignorant to speak of.

Calm down, calm down, no need for that. Not everyone is aware of every single prospect out there, and not everyone thinks that highly of prospects making a big league impact their first season up.

Myself, Street's impressed me so far. Very curious to see how he does once the season is underway. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Sticky Spice » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:53 am

Maybe Hawgvike was going his best Michael Jackson imitation.

"anyone who doesn't think Street will close for the A's is just ignorant"

<crotch grab>

<moonwalk>

"it's just ignorant."
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)

Postby brandnew » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:55 am

I'm pulling for Jairo Garcia to steal the job! :-o
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hawgvike » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:11 am

i dont really get the michael jackson joke, might wanna work on your jokes dog, but i know that some people arent as high on him as i am but ive pretty much followed him since he's been in college. kid's a stud--better than any recent reliever prospect i can think of who rose through the system from low A to AAA in a half season and is ready for the majors as early as April 3. i understand that people just dont know about him now, but midway through this season people will be going crazy over acquiring him.

just thought i'd be the first to let everyone know...those who arent in dynasty leagues that is...
hawgvike
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers