Episode III - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Episode III

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Episode III

Postby JRM4833 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:53 pm

Ok so I've never been a huge Star Wars fan. I mean I liked the original 3 but didn't care much for Episode I and heard Episode II was so bad that I didn't even bother seeing it. But I have to admit Episode III looks pretty damn good. Anyone else care?

http://movies.channel.aol.com/feature/s ... p?type=lrg

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:03 pm

I havent seen any of them but that does look exciting.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Pacman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:15 pm

I loved the original trilogy, Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and when the NEW trilogy started a few years back, I was very excited.

But Episode I disappointed me. I liked the story line about the young boy (Annikan), but the Jar Jar crap and the too-crisp computer-generated special effects were so unlike the original trilogy, I felt let down.

Episode II -- more of the same. And I just can't STAND the actor who plays teen/young adult Annikan. How did they cast such a stiff for that role? Natalie Portman, on the other hand... grrrrrrr ;-D

As for Ep. III, the way they've hooked me this time is that this episode ties up the cycle, explains everything that led up to Star Wars (technically Episode IV). So I'll be quick to see Ep III because it's really the conclusion of a story that started being told to me in 1977.

Basically, George Lucas is going to get another $10 or $12 from me (or whatever the movie theater charges me to see it) and not a penny more... ever again. I already own the Original Trilogy on DVD, so after I view Ep. III, I'll officially retire from my job as a Star Wars geek.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby JRM4833 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:24 pm

Pacman wrote:As for Ep. III, the way they've hooked me this time is that this episode ties up the cycle, explains everything that led up to Star Wars (technically Episode IV). So I'll be quick to see Ep III because it's really the conclusion of a story that started being told to me in 1977.

This sums it up for me as well. And based on the trailor it looks like he may actually do a good job tying them together. I agree though that the whole Jar Jar thing was stupid. Instead of staying with the old loyal fans who fell in love with the trilogy as kids, Lucas tried to reign in a new generation of kids since he knew the older generation wouldn't be able to resist seeing it anyways. Kind of backfired on him so I'm hoping he keeps the stupid kid stuff completely out of this one.

General Manager
General Manager

Postby Irish » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:35 pm

I thought I was gonna watch the preview and get a little psyched...............but no. It looks like too much effects, crappy story-telling, entirely predictable and I can't stand the guy playing Anakin. Whine whine whine for two hours.

I wanted to like these movies, but Lucas should of just gone out with a bang and not a whimper IMO
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:43 pm

I remember watching the old ones with my sister when I was younger and enjoyed them all, but I have never really liked the new ones that much
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:19 pm

I can't wait for the third one to come out....I actually like episode II and III (along with IV, V and VI)...... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:44 am

After seeing the other 5 episodes, I pretty much have to see the one that ties them all together. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:25 am

I think Episode III's only saving grace may be the fact that there is no way it can end happily.

:-? "Lets see, you die, you die, you become evil, you're definitely dead, you get exiled, dead, dead, dead, dead...."
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:37 am

I'm excited but nothing will ever top the 1st 3 or the last 3 or whatever strange backwards order...

The ones with carrie fisher are the best.. there that makes more sense...

Ill definitly see it in the theater though which is something I do like 1 time a year
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk