The super Red Sox; Their Fabulous! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The super Red Sox; Their Fabulous!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:08 pm

blankman wrote:I wouldn't want my team associated with a bunch of gay guys. The literal definition of the word is "fear of homos." I'm not afraid of them. They can go do whatever they want in the privacy of their home, but I don't need to hear all about it. This is going to get political, so Trans, please get off your high horse and stop lecturing me on how/what I should think. Political correctness is killing this country


The fact that people actually still say things like "I don't want my team associated with a bunch of gay guys" is killing this country. And the funny thing is that you don't even know that there are no gay guys on "your" team. It's also funny that you consider any team "your" team even though you have zero stake in the team. But if a gay guy were to say it was his team, you would apparently have a problem with it.

Get ready for that feeling when you realize you're 100% alone in feeling the way you do. :-D
Image

________________
One man with courage makes a majority.
Andrew Jackson
JRM4833
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3308
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Where else ... Boston

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:13 pm

blankman wrote:I wouldn't want my team associated with a bunch of gay guys. The literal definition of the word is "fear of homos." I'm not afraid of them. They can go do whatever they want in the privacy of their home, but I don't need to hear all about it. This is going to get political, so Trans, please get off your high horse and stop lecturing me on how/what I should think. Political correctness is killing this country


No, I will not get off my "high horse." Homophobia means looking down on gays, just as it does fearing them. Are racists only those that fear those of a different race? No, it's discrimination.

If you're a homophobe, fine, but don't pretend not to be. You don't want to hear about gays? This argument is so poor. If a gay guy starts telling you about his boyfriend, and a great date they had the other night, you'd say that he's shoving it in your face. But if you're talking about a date with your girlfriend, I could say the same thing. It's a double standard, it's hypocritical, and yes, it's homophobia.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:15 pm

JRM4833 wrote:
The fact that people actually still say things like "I don't want my team associated with a bunch of gay guys" is killing this country.


We don't agree on much, but this is absolutely right.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby blankman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:40 pm

If you guys, the moral police, say so ;-7

And JRM, in relation to the "your" crap, you and I both know that is an argument that is very, very reaching. Many, a majority I'd say, of people here refer to their favorite team as "their" team. It implies no ownership whatsoever, only a like/love for that team over any other team. If I, as a fan, were to say "the Yankees are my team," does that imply that I own the team? Of course we all know that it is a colloquialism and does not imply ownership as you say.

And if you believe I'm the only one who would chose to not have his favorite team assoicatied with gay people, then you are obviously naive to the large group of people that share this simple view, but are silenced by political correctness and the knowledge that people like you guys would claim that we are bad people as if you are the moral protectors of America.

Go find someone else to preach to.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:41 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
JRM4833 wrote:
The fact that people actually still say things like "I don't want my team associated with a bunch of gay guys" is killing this country.


We don't agree on much, but this is absolutely right.


Yeah, the country is really in shambles because of this :-°
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:41 pm

JRM4833 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Listen guys I have lots of gay friends...not a problem with me..Actually my favorite Sandwich shop here in denver is super awesome and run by like 5 gay guys, ones named Marvin hes cool..And My one of my girlfriends best friends is a lesbian which is fun cause we talk about hot chicks when we go to the bar!.. I am just teasing the redsox.. I have no problem with gays...Thought it was a funny story and I could get under the skin of some redsox fan ... do I actually think it "Disgraces" The RedSox... NO!!.. But its funny to make fun of them anyhow!

Apologizes if i offended anyone.


I didn't really think you meant anything by it to begin with, which is why I responded the way I did on the first page. But once I saw where the thread was going I felt a need to jump in how I did. I don't doubt that you have absolutely nothing against gays.

But come on now, since when does hanging out with your girlfriend and a lesbian show that you're not a homophobe? All that shows is that you're a man. I can just picture it now ...

ACS: Hey ... uuummm ... sooo ... honey ... uuuummm ... I was thinkin' that ... uuumm ...

Girlfriend: $^@% you ACS.

Lesbian friend: #@&$ you ACS.

:-b :-b :-b :-D :-D As if every guy hasn't had this discussion with his girl.


I actually have quite the story about that.. I believe they pronounce it....


Anyways My buddy steve and I went and stayed with his gay uncle in florida...Hes an insane maniac by the way but really cool...I don't have anything against gays but I will make fun of them from time to time..but not in a cruel way..and i certainly don't treat them different when I talk to them on the street or at a party or whatever...I mean I make fun or everyone thats just my way of having fun...and I understand when people make fun of me.. but I don't mean to be cruel...
Just cause I make fun of gay people sometimes..doesn't mean that I am a homophobe...They don't "Disgust", "Annoy", or "scare" me in anyway.... If others don't agree with their lifestyle thats fine with me too.. But you shouldn't deny them of happiness because of your own dislike of their agenda...

anyways I believe its pronounced
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:50 pm

blankman wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:
JRM4833 wrote:
The fact that people actually still say things like "I don't want my team associated with a bunch of gay guys" is killing this country.


We don't agree on much, but this is absolutely right.


Yeah, the country is really in shambles because of this :-°


It's the broader issue here, Blank--discrimination and non-acceptance. It amazes me how people were making the same arguments about blacks in the 60s, about women, about interracial marriage. Seems we always need someone to look down upon and condemn.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:58 pm

Since im the originator of this topic can I request it locked
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:06 pm

acsguitar wrote:Since im the originator of this topic can I request it locked

I doubt you can request it, but I think it will happen pretty soon anyway.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact