The super Red Sox; Their Fabulous! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The super Red Sox; Their Fabulous!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:20 pm

Wow. How embarassing :-] Thank god the Yankees aren't that dumb
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:15 am

The fact that people think this is embarrassing is downright troublesome. Let's avoid the homophobia, eh?

The Sox haven't won in years, they are living it up, and promoting the team. That's what they should be doing.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby blankman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:57 am

Transmogrifier wrote:The fact that people think this is embarrassing is downright troublesome. Let's avoid the homophobia, eh?

The Sox haven't won in years, they are living it up, and promoting the team. That's what they should be doing.

Homophobia? Ok Trans, that's it. ;-7
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Jivedude » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:24 am

Ok the competition has gotten out of hand. Come on Red Sox! You don't have to try to outgay Jeter, A-Rod and the Yankees!
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:44 am

blankman wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:The fact that people think this is embarrassing is downright troublesome. Let's avoid the homophobia, eh?

Homophobia? Ok Trans, that's it. ;-7

You do know what homophobia is, right?

Homophobia: "Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men."

Now look at these two posts:

acsguitar wrote:I was gonna name this post "Red Sox are Gay" but I decided not to..

anyways here is a funny article that pretty must disgraces the world champs....Sox fans hide your heads again. I can't wait to see what chant the yankees fans come up with for this one!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1362&e=9&u=/ap/20050315/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bba_red_sox_queer_eye&sid=95747885

blankman wrote:Wow. How embarassing :-] Thank god the Yankees aren't that dumb

So ACS says this disgraces the Sox, and you say it is embarrasing. Disgrace is in the definition of contempt, and embarrasing is not that far off.

Is there any wonder why no gay men come out while playing baseball? It's attitudes like this--that associating with gay people, or getting made up by gay people, or joking around with gay people is "embarrasing" or a "disgrace"--that force gay baseball players to stay quiet.

This is the definition of homophobia.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:31 am

Transmogrifier wrote:You do know what homophobia is, right?

acsguitar wrote:I was gonna name this post "Red Sox are Gay" but I decided not to..

anyways here is a funny article that pretty must disgraces the world champs....Sox fans hide your heads again. I can't wait to see what chant the yankees fans come up with for this one!

So ACS says this disgraces the Sox, and you say it is embarrasing. Disgrace is in the definition of contempt, and embarrasing is not that far off.

Is there any wonder why no gay men come out while playing baseball? It's attitudes like this--that associating with gay people, or getting made up by gay people, or joking around with gay people is "embarrasing" or a "disgrace"--that force gay baseball players to stay quiet.

Agreed 100%.

I got a laugh out of the story but don't think there's any embarrassment or disgrace in associating with gays or lesbians.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:34 am

JRM4833 wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:You do know what homophobia is, right?

Agreed 100%.

I got a laugh out of the story but don't think there's any embarrassment or disgrace in associating with gays or lesbians.

Listen guys I have lots of gay friends...not a problem with me..Actually my favorite Sandwich shop here in denver is super awesome and run by like 5 gay guys, ones named Marvin hes cool..And My one of my girlfriends best friends is a lesbian which is fun cause we talk about hot chicks when we go to the bar!.. I am just teasing the redsox.. I have no problem with gays...Thought it was a funny story and I could get under the skin of some redsox fan ... do I actually think it "Disgraces" The RedSox... NO!!.. But its funny to make fun of them anyhow!

Apologizes if i offended anyone.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:42 am

How gracious of you, ACS. Seriously. ;-D
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:36 pm

acsguitar wrote:Listen guys I have lots of gay friends...not a problem with me..Actually my favorite Sandwich shop here in denver is super awesome and run by like 5 gay guys, ones named Marvin hes cool..And My one of my girlfriends best friends is a lesbian which is fun cause we talk about hot chicks when we go to the bar!.. I am just teasing the redsox.. I have no problem with gays...Thought it was a funny story and I could get under the skin of some redsox fan ... do I actually think it "Disgraces" The RedSox... NO!!.. But its funny to make fun of them anyhow!

Apologizes if i offended anyone.

I didn't really think you meant anything by it to begin with, which is why I responded the way I did on the first page. But once I saw where the thread was going I felt a need to jump in how I did. I don't doubt that you have absolutely nothing against gays.

But come on now, since when does hanging out with your girlfriend and a lesbian show that you're not a homophobe? All that shows is that you're a man. I can just picture it now ...

ACS: Hey ... uuummm ... sooo ... honey ... uuuummm ... I was thinkin' that ... uuumm ...

Girlfriend: $^@% you ACS.

Lesbian friend: #@&$ you ACS.

:-b :-b :-b :-D :-D As if every guy hasn't had this discussion with his girl.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby blankman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:51 pm

I wouldn't want my team associated with a bunch of gay guys. The literal definition of the word is "fear of homos." I'm not afraid of them. They can go do whatever they want in the privacy of their home, but I don't need to hear all about it. This is going to get political, so Trans, please get off your high horse and stop lecturing me on how/what I should think. Political correctness is killing this country
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk